Teas

I stopped drinking coffee and tea entirely when this hit me a few years ago.

Does anyone know of any caffeine free teas that won’t exacerbate MAV, but also don’t interact with prescription medications (I’m on verapamil 240mg & effexor 37.5)?

Have you ever tried a South African tea called Rooibos? It’s really good and zero caffeine:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos

Scott :slight_smile:

(NB from admin: theses images link to products members have found useful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

Redbush (Rooibos) Redbush Vanilla Redbush Vanilla (UK brand) Redbush (UK brand)
More recommended teas here

I drink organic peppermint tea on a daily basis, mostly to help sooth my stomach, but also to get off other artificial drinks. It does not interact with my meds (Klonopin and Tofranil). It is great cold or hot and I don’t even add any sweeteners to it. If you have IBS issues, it is a drink I definitely recommend. And yes, it is caffeine-free.

Thanks for the responses. My wife actually had several packs of Rooibos in the kitchen cabinet. I’ll give it a go.

If you like coffee taste, dandelion coffee is nice, and has the added bonus of being diuretic if you suspect menieres or endolymphatic hydrops is part of the problem as well. I am drinking 2 or 3 cups of this a day at the moment.
Christine

I’ll second that one Christine. I sometimes go down to a cafe around the corner here and grab a “dandy latte” as they call it. Almost like I’m drinking a real coffee without the bad head afterwards. S :slight_smile:

Just to second what Scott says re the rooibos, also called redbush here in England. Scott recommended it to me. It tasted a bit strange at first, but now I drink it with milk and don’t even realise I’m not drinking regular tea. It actually tastes exactly the same to me. I love it. Drink gallons of the stuff a day. I used to be a big regular tea drinker and was delighted when I discovered this.

H

The rooibos is working fine right now.

Thanks for the advice!

Quickly becoming a fan of the rooibos tea here, too, and mint always seems like a lovely standby. I hadn’t ever heard of dandelion tea though… As a formerly avid coffee drinker, I’ll have to try that one out.

— Begin quote from “cmoc”

If you like coffee taste, dandelion coffee is nice, and has the added bonus of being diuretic if you suspect menieres or endolymphatic hydrops is part of the problem as well. I am drinking 2 or 3 cups of this a day at the moment.
Christine

— End quote