My baseline seems “off”

@turnitaround ,

When my vestibular symptoms are not acting up even my baseline seems “off”. In my baseline i am still mildly uncomfortable and don’t feel like pre-MAV. There is a certain degree of motion sensitivity and other oddities which are hard to describe. Do you feel like your normal self before this condition ?

1 Like

Oh definitely not. My hearing is the most obvious issue, I’ve lost of tonne of high frequency response in my left ear. This hasn’t got any worse or even fluctuated since about 6 months into MAV. I’ve had 4 hearing tests since the start of MAV (but unfortunately nothing before it hit). 4k showed 30dB drop about 1 month in, and 40dB drop since. My left ear was never stellar at HF, so I’m guessing its dropped 20dB at most from where I was - reversible? Let’s hope so. Tinnitus is persistent though I’m pretty used to it now so bothers me far less.

My balance these days is much improved and I suffer no imbalance exactly but some days I feel very very slighty light headed. It’s getting more of a subtle issue so hard to explain. This is now the exception rather than my general feeling. Baseline is: I have my balance back.

Finally the vertigo. I get mild vertigo still almost exclusively upon lying down only. It used to occur every night, now it’s every three or four nights and much milder so clearly making progress. I still can feel uncomfortable turning on my side but this has got less bad. This absolutely nothing like the attacks I used to get where I would have fallout for days or weeks. By morning my balance is now completely normal.

And one thing to note: all progress (which has been significant) since September last has been achieved without medication.

Anyway, enough about me…

You seem to be making progress, then, no? I mean this sounds a lot better than you were, say 12 months ago? How about compared to baseline once Effexor had settled in? (in other words are you feeling better than the point at which all your current meds had initially ‘bedded in’?)

Effexor did make a marked improvement even at a minimal dose. My Symptoms are all over the map and it is difficult to chart progress. But ever since effexor things looks to be consistent and i find it easier to identify triggers.