What to DRINK on a migraine diet

ONly thing I have found to drink is Diet Rite cola that does not have aspartme sweetner. I drink milk, water. I miss my coffee and have a little decaf in the morning but I think that is making me feel dizzy. I bought some Bigelow Green Tea naturally decaf and loved it and it worked,until I bought a different brand with exact same ingredients and got bad dizzys immediately lipton decaf green tea. How is that possible? Same stuff. So I wonder what do Maver’s drink??? I can’t drink wine, liquor, pop, orange juice, no citrus, i drink apple juice sometimes but don’t really like it, can’t drink grape juice. Any suggestions?

I can’t help with anything else to suggest I’m afraid! I don’t really like fizzy drinks, I don’t drink alcohol, so really most days I would only drink (normal) tea, decaff coffee and water. I occasionally have fruit juice, but not that often, as I’d rather eat a piece of fruit instead.

Almost always it is water since most everything else is cut out. I like sparkling water too to “spice” it up…lol. Plus I have to get the 10 glasses in a day that the neurologist told me to drink.

thanks, teddypan, Sparkling water would be so “exciing” in my now very boring life. AND i spend lots of time with friends here in Az ( snow birds we are from Iowa) and they ALL love to have their appetizers made with every single thing I cannot eat, their drinks, wine , vodka tonics etc., smoking, ( I used to and probably the best thing about this is that I no longer CAN smoke, 'causes the worst vertigo imaginable) can’t go to the dances , can’t play golf so I ride along in the cart. Just a total change in lifestyle. SO, sparkling water sounds like a big TREAT and I thank you for the idea.!!! your forum friend, spinning lady ( meredith)

Par-TAY!!!

Let’s get together and break out the H2O!! :roll:

What’s that over there – grape juice? Next to some…apple juice??? (I heard they spiked the apple juice with cherry juice!)

Whoa - look out - some wild child just brought chamomile tea!!

:lol:

you are too funny. BTW, I really needed a laugh today especially, BECAUSE all my boozing, smoking, eating, NORMAL friends went to Mexico and guess who stayed home??? Right. me! BUT, now that I have something as awesome as my sparkling h20, it’s all good.
Hope you are ok, seriously. I see Dr. Hain for first time in Chicago Mar 23rd. scared as I already tried effexor and cannot do it at all and I know he loves the stuff.

I drink Caffeine free Pepsi. I also drink 7UP and Root Beer because they dont have caffeine.

I love coffee and soda, but giving up caffeine has been super easy. I can have all the same good stuff but make sure its caffeine free!

Tetley decaf tea (drunk it for years) no problems with it. Lately I have acquired a taste for coffee. I have been trying out the different coffee beans (decaf) with swiss water method, but I have a feeling they just may be causing a problem. Cold drink is always watered down apple juice.

Christine

I used to love decaf coffee, but after I took the food sensitivities test and found out I was highly reactive to coffee I cut it out. Interestingly enough several of the migraine triggers were listed as highly sensitive too. I’ve cut gluten and red meat too. Everyone teases me about “what CAN you eat?”. This diet is the pits! What I wouldn’t give for a big pizza with all the toppings. I thought I would really miss chocolate (which I was also highly sensitive to), but that has been easier than cutting coffee, cheese, onions (onion powder is in everything it seems), citrus etc.

I got bombed on my San Pellegrino last night…hahahaha (of course it was the kind without any lime or lemon…wouldn’t want to go off the wall crazy with the citrus trigger)!!

Sorry to hear you couldn’t go to Mexico with your “migraine trigger law-breaking” friends. This disease is very frustrating and the lifestyle changes are hard to deal with.

yeah…thats tough, I cant drink any citris (I.C.) so lots of water…tea, apple juice…lately ive been drinking this pineapple/coconut mixture…its SO GOOD.

i have the odd coffee, but i usually end up regreting it…why do i torture myself?

teddypan, what is a food sensitivity test??? I want one. Where can I get one??? I am never sure what to eat. I made rice krispie squares today. My favorite!!! I eat cereal for breakfast and english muffins although I think I’m not supposed to eat those. Honestly, I have no clue what to eat. I do not eat msg, processed meats, pickles etc eggs, choco. coffee, coke, OH you know, anything good, I don’t eat. I eat fresh things like potato baked or boiled, fresh beans, broccoli etc. and tri tip roast or chuck roast plain, everything plain. I too would enjoy a HUGE pizza, all for me, no sharing. Where do I get that food test? spinning lady

SL–I did the ALCAT test. I did it prior to my first appointment with the neurologist and he recommends his patients have a blood food sensitivities test. I went from having the headache part of this more than 15 days per month and after a few weeks on the diet not only did my headaches get much better, but my stomach and intestines feel much better! It is expensive but I just had to see what it said. My neurologist said that diet really helps in about 30% of people. See if your neurologist has an allergist in the area that does food sensitivities tests if you want something a little less expensive or it may be covered by your insurance.