What are you taking for preventative?

Hey all,

Just wondering what you guys are taking for preventatives? I’m having some real bad reactions to some medications and some positive but adverse responses. I have fallen into such a deep, deep brain fog trance, it has taken me under its cape again and is just not letting up this time. Since I’d rather deal with dizziness, what has helped with reducing brain fog and the “getting off the boat” feeling the most? No med has touched it yet and I’m getting so so frustrated. I feel like I’m detached from my body, watching my life from a different point of view. It’s so annoying!

-Kelsey

Amitriptyline/Nortriptyline helped me lift the fog within week 2. If you are in a bad shape you can ask the doctor for ativan or valium. Again these are benzos and should be used in limited capacity but when you are stuck in a rut, it might help. Doctors usually give you a limited quantity. While using the benzos also start on a preventative so by the time you wean off benzos the preventative works. SSRIs work to some extent but take 3 to 5 weeks to show any effect.

2 Likes

I have a prescription for Xanax and boy has it worked some wonders. I tried the preventative Verapamil but it lowered my bp so much that anytime I stood up I felt like I was going to faint. Nothing so far is working, it’s frustrating. The only thing that DOES make me feel like myself again is no-good Xan over there. Urgh! Thank you so much though I will speak with my doc