Welcome any advice

Yeah, I found my body takes a couple weeks to adjust to a jump of 120mg ER. Maybe even longer at the first dose. Tired yes, I like to use the word ā€œflooredā€ because sometimes I would just lay down on the floor and feel super drained. So, I actually started on 40mg non-ER, cut the tab in half, and then started at 20mg. I found that 20mg was pretty easy in the morning so I quickly added another 20mg at lunch. And then I kept adding half tabs for a while until I could make the jump to my first 120mg ER. Then after I was used to that, I got ambitious and doubled to 240mg total, which wasnā€™t too bad until a few days passed and then I was floored again for a while. But my body does seem to normalize with time.

The dizzy symptoms didnā€™t change a whole lot for me at the start, a bit less I suppose. But the big thing for me was the head pressure started to come down significantly. At this point my head pressure is very mild, more of like a slight tightness the forehead with some continued pulsing symptoms, or slight nasal pressure. Of course, all these improvements take weeks and months. I think Iā€™m at about 2 months now total on Verapamil. But only a couple weeks at 240mg. Dizziness improvements are happening at this point - my walks are getting much more comfortable. I might go up to 360mg per my Neurologist advice, but honestly now that Iā€™m able to walk so much Iā€™m not sure I need to and I donā€™t want to lay around on the floor anymore.

Oh, also, you will probably notice that if you get up fast you may feel like blacking out. Totally normal with a lower blood pressure. Just be near something nice and soft that you can fall onto. And a bit of extra salt might help your blood pressure come up faster if you are comfortable with it.

Good luck! I think its a good med, even for people with low blood pressure it can still be tolerable.

Erik

Hey Erik - thanks so much for your response. That makes sense, I definitely feel ā€œflooredā€ at times and just want to lay down and sleep. Thatā€™s great that it treated your head pressure, that is one of the worst feelings for me as well. I get nasal and sinus pressure and throbbing pulsing headaches at times.

Iā€™m very glad you feel itā€™s touching your dizziness! I feel as though maybe my vision/visual vertigo has gotten slightly better, but I will give it more time and be patient with it. Itā€™s worth it for me as Iā€™ve tried 3 meds before this one, all with pretty significant side effects. So far, this is much better than those. I love salt, so Iā€™ll keep that up and be slow when I get up (I have noticed that).

Thanks so much!! I wish you the best. :smile:

Elizabeth