Vestibular migrane

I will try anything! Although my pressure doesnā€™t feel like a cold feeling more like blood rushing/electricity feeling if that makes sense? Steaming would be good for my ear thou! If I yawn they both popā€™! So annoyinf

If your head and ears were clear you most probably wouldnā€™t have active MAV and youā€™d feel alot better. I always find that. Your case souns pretty typical MAV but always worth further investigation if you are unsure. Helen

Very true! Just got to find the magic to fix it! My brother had almost same symptoms as me for 15mths but was diagnosed with labs! He did the vrt

Was the VRT enough to fix his issues?

It did at the time but he still gets dizzy now and again and sinus pressure

Thatā€™s not uncommon with labs. Vertigo tends to hang around. Well seems odd. Do you both have labs. Or both have sinus issues. Could be either.

1 Like

This is the one symptom I wish I never had as its truly the worst one however I remember as a kid I would get it in bursts of 10 seconds Iā€™m busy places so thereā€™s no doubt in my mind itā€™s always been a part of my mav jus sucks it turned 247 :sob: it is a lot better indoors now so I know itā€™s easing off very slowly

If itā€™s any constilation , Iā€™ve had major attacks since being away and today woke up like someone hit me in the back of my head pressure in my ears nose feel nauseas and sensitive to sound !!! Oh and having shivers so hey at least we both have the same symptoms lol tbh @gidlabu said he had the dream feeling outside shimmering heat haze and like he was on some acid trip def read his earlier posts :slight_smile: May make u feel more normal :grimacing:

1 Like

Thanks Hun! Yeah Iā€™m certain this is mav and not sinus issues etc! Sorry to hear your feeling rough! We are tough cookies to go through all this crap! Iā€™ll take a look at his posts xx

1 Like

My symptoms have morphed a lot over time. I used to have the haze and dream like state. Have felt detachment and depersonalisation. I remember looking in the mirror for several years and not feeling it was quite me. For a while I used to feel like I wanted to pull my ears off due to pressure, pain and pulsation and ringing. I often get the shivers and heat pulses in little bursts when the MAV is bad. I used to feel the ground was made of marshmallow at the start of my symptoms but not for many years now. I also feel ā€œfizzyā€ often, sort of hyper but a bit spacey and then bad head pressure later.

Oh the joys!!

I can totally relate to that. I believe depression can bring that on too.

1 Like

Yes I totally relate. What meds have helped with that for you? I often think well my body has physically been on earth today walking around but my vision and woozy head are that dreamlike it feels like it wasnā€™t really me! :pensive:

1 Like

I have a similar vision distortion, everything is super bright and contrasted, plus if I look at certain things like down a look out or at trees up on a graded hill I have no depth perception. Supermarkets and fluorescent lighting make me visually dizzy and reflective signs are difficult to look at. This is my most disabling symptom and Iā€™ve had it constantly for nearly 2 years it never goes away. Just started meds so hoping is goes away. Just to let you know you arenā€™t alone, these symptoms can be really frightening and unsettling

1 Like

Hi Jess, the Ami has helped with the photophobia and visual stuff for me. I still have visual snow on some days and random seeing stars moments but I can go to the supermarket or drug store now without migraine glassesā€¦ which is a huge improvement for me!

1 Like

Hi Jess. Thanks for your message. So sorry you are going through this hell. Itā€™s truly horrible. How did yours start?

1 Like

It all started after a visit to the Chiro who hurt my neck somehow, lots of pain afterwards and now no pain but apparently it triggered MAV according to neurologist, have just started meds hopefully they help :pray: have you had any improvement since it all started for you?

Naejohn thatā€™s wonderful, Iā€™m so glad youā€™ve seen improvement, you give me hope! :pray: were supermarkets horribly dizzying for you?

1 Like

Oh gosh! I would say that 10mths ago I was very dizzy and everything looked severely warped. Now I get more of a numb head and hungover feeling and dreamlike/detached. Do you get the dreamlike stuff?

2 Likes

This ā€˜derealisationā€™ thing? I have only recently developed this myself. I would always react by getting more dizzy, more ear/head pressure etc now I get this instead it seems when my actions must have just overwhelmed my vestibular setup. I wrote piece about it in my PD only yesterday. I seem to be entering a new stage. Hopefully towards things settling down still further. Helen

2 Likes

No way Helen. Do you have the derealisation 24/7 or just sometimes?

1 Like