Vestibular Migraine Survival Guide 2014

Hey there, Yeah that sounds almost exactly how my first episode hit - I was just doing something normal (maybe I had more stress than day that normal) all of a sudden I felt woozy, out of it and like I was going to fall over - of course I then panicked and it didn’t go away after that. I felt an out of body kind of floating feeling all the time and very dizzy and off balance. Strange head pressure too. Things have gotten MUCH better since starting supplements. Magnesium glycinate 400mg, coq10 (I’m experimenting with 300mg per day but was at 400mg before-does cause me to have some digestive issues so that’s why I’m trying a bit lower), 400mg B2, and at least 75mg of Petadolex butterbur. The last one there - butterbur seems to be the critical thing for me. I was taking gabapetin 300 mg per day (100mg spaced out at three intervals since you have to take it frequently due to short half-life) but gabapentin hasn’t helped me as much as the supplements/butterbur to give me back my sense of normalcy/stillness/balance. I went riding this morning in heavy stormy weather only on these supplements and had actually had a soy latte too and was okay. I can’t believe it! hallelujah Anyway, I don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch and will see how I do in the next few days on these supplements. The key thing for me to seems to be avoiding MSG in any form (natural flavors on labels often masks it) and maybe seeds/nuts and citrus. Not sure about the dietary stuff though. A neurologist can help with med trials to calm things down but I’ve had more luck with supplements and trying to see what foods make things worse. I’m VERY med sensitive and meds would always make me feel not really like myself. Sometimes they are necessary evils though xx

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)