Vestibular Migraine or Perilymphatic fistula?

Hi guys,
I am kind of between diagnosis at the moment and am wondering if you guys can help.
This all started for me 3 years ago (2013), I was 8 months pregnant with my second child and totally out of the blue i got hit with VIOLENT vertigo that lasted about a week straight. It slowly got better over the next 18 months and my initial diagnosis was vestibular neuritis. I never felt “normal” again but was able to function. It all happened again this past May of 2016, i got the vertigo that lasted about 4 days and slowly let up, again 24/7 disequilibrium, head pressure, light sensitivity, noise sensitivity, and constant feeling of sea sickness.
The one thing that doesn’t add up with MAV is that I have had a positive perilymphatic fistula test. I get dizzy when i apply pressure to my ear (its better now but was bad) I get super sea sick feeling with increased pressure to y head like if i lift something heavy, or bend over.
does this sound familiar to anyone? all these conditions over lap so much its impossible to know which you have.

Totally agree with the overlapping comment. It’s a tough one. Hain says 90% of them heal on their own. I have suspected that I had one initially but the ENT thinks it may have healed and Im left with some level of Hydrops that I should give time to go away.

I also have one definitely and two maybe diagnoses for MAV.

The symptom management for Hydrops is the same as for MAV (amitriptyline).

I get very sea-sick without this drug and sometimes it can creep in even when on them.

I’m taking the patient approach to see if it settles down on its own.

I suggest you try symptom management for a bit and see if it settles down and in meantime get a couple of extra opinions from SME’s.

The really tough thing is that there are really few tests that can easily distinguish these things properly.

Apparently there are even sceptics who don’t believe a chronic fistula exists.

Another thing to consider is pneumolabyrinyth where air gets into the ear after trauma. I’ve had a bubbling up sensation in my ear that happens each day I get up. I’ve had it for nearly 2 years but it has decreased significantly over that time. I hope this may finally disappear in few months. I’m wondering if this is driving the hydrops if that is what I have.

Best of luck and keep us posted!