Verapamil at 480 mg update

As some of you may know, I am somewhat starting over in my journey to find a medication that works…as it has become blatantly apparent that “normal” medication thresholds do not have the reaction on me as others.

I have been on Verapamil at 480 mg for about 2 weeks now…absolutely no changes (good, bad, or ugly) with this dosage.

I have a call in to my Neurologist to see if we should look at bumping it to 720 mg to see what happens???

Don’t know what the deal is with my body … but I would be encouraged to feel “something”, even if it was bad to know that the medication is at least hitting some sort of receptors in my brain…grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Todd

Todd, are you like this with ALL medications, even non-migraine meds ? I am always gobsmacked when I read your posts about non-reactions either way. Good luck!

Brenda

Todd,

I just wanted to wish you luck and hope you find something that works for you.

Donna

pretty much so. i can chew on an ambien and then go out dancing (assuming i knew how to dance :o )

likewise…i am always amazed to hear the stories of …" i went up 5 mg and could not function" wtf…i could snort 5 mg and would not feel anything :lol:

just dont get it…I am changing my profile name from Go Gonzaga to “the great metabolizer”

t

Thought I would mention that I am probably one of most med sensitive people around and was able to get to 480 verapamil with nothing - good or bad. It seems to be very well tolerated drug.

**Bumping it up to 720mg starting tonight per my Neurologist’s instructions. I will report back and let you know if I feel anything different at all :roll: **

Oddly enough, he said he wants me to grind it up and smoke it in a modified bong pipe to see if it does anything different…hmmmm???

He did say, however, that I could go “old school” and just use a customized beer can to get the same results.

Man…i am starting to like this Neurologist, pretty hip dude ! :smiley:

If it works, I will retire from the Transplant World and go be a Hippie in Hawaii. I will bring my family with me and re-name my daughters (from Caitlyn and Abby) to “Clover” and “Sunshine” to adapt to my new lifestyle.

Hugs and Kisses,

Todd

t

480mg’s! It has not effected your BP or made you constipated??? I’m on 240mg’s and it gives me all kinds of stomach issues. I metabolize very quickly as well! I can take an Ambien and not sleep. But I am also med sensitive as well. So strange we are!!!

Hey Todd,

I think I know what’s going on. You have a second tube that goes straight from your throat straight to your pooper. :lol:

Good luck Todd! Verapamil also had no side effects for me. Hope the increased dose is what you need.
Christine