Venlafaxine here we go !

I micro-dosed and opened capsule and went up 8 beads at a time. my capsule has ~40 beads.

2 Likes

Hi Jumpmax23…I am based In Ireland and I am on Venex XL - mine is a capsule with 12.5mg pellets inside so it’s much handier than the one with all the beads - not sure if you can get this brand where you are. The 37.5mg dose (see pic below) contains 3 x 12.mg pellets and the 75mg capsule contains 5 x 12.5mg pellets.

1 Like

this is an awesome presentation, the capsule I used to use had millions of beads. Now I take a tablet.

1 Like

Well I couldn’t find it in England. It seems to be manufactured in Ireland. Wouldn’t imagine it’s not available elsewhere, somewhere though. Difficult to imagine it’s solely distributed in Ireland somehow. It’s sure a good idea though technically consumers aren’t supposed to split any of the extended release pills at all. Helen

1 Like

Best tips on recovering without medication? Would love to know and implement. How are ypu going now. If you relapse will you start meds again?

Ya my capsule has like a hundred beads and I’m too lazy to count so just gonna go for the whole thing

1 Like

It sure is…@nin told me about them

1 Like

Morning all I’m 3 days in to half of 37.5 Effexor no side effects yet no positives either just wondered for anyone on this med . How long to see some positive change ? I’m aware 3 days is nothing :joy:

3 Likes

Hi Amy

We aren’t on the same drug, but I should think it will be a couple of months? I remember getting some advice before on meds and people did say at least a 3 month period on the beneficial dose before significant change.

I am sure someone who takes Ven will message you though, Its quite different for everyone I imagine!

Good luck!! :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Maybe three days of ‘nothing’ at least proves you can tolerate it but it may not be sufficient time for even that. Some people get some sign it’s starting to work within a few days. You don’t seem particularly med-sensitive so perhaps you need to be on the 37.5mg dose a while before anything happens. Helen

1 Like

Thanks Helen I’m not med sensitive but because I’ve been so off since coming off Prozac I haven’t wanted to go too high. As still feeling rough and not back to baseline so it’s even hard to tell what’s doing what :woman_facepalming:t2:

At 3 month mark on 75mg I decided to increase another 37.5 and started seeing some changes more quickly. You have to be patient, I know it sucks, I am a year on venlafaxine and still getting better everyday.

3 Likes

Really ? Thanks hun ! Did u start on 35.7? So did you not feel much till the higher dose ? Just hard to tell when it’s working or not

I metioned that I went up to 75mg in 5 days, so basically I started at 75mg. I did see improvements during those first 3 months, but it was at higher doses that things started to calm down more evidently. As you know, you dont feel great right away, it is a very slow process.

1 Like

Thanks hun that means a lot I will try to be patient :grimacing::pray:t3:

Good luck Amy , hope things go well for you. It is so frustrating that each med takes so long to trial, seems never ending when one just wants some relief.

2 Likes

Morning guys

So I am 7 days in on Effexor did two days half a tablet and now up to 37.5 no side effects accept bigger pupils sometimes , sleepy and waking up early but nothing bad at all!

I think I feel a tiny bit better but not sure just curious how long till you saw relief on Effexor and at what dose ? Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Morning Amy, so patience is key here like with any meds, I seen improvement on this dose too and after couple of weeks too so the fact you seen improvement after 7 days is very positive and I’m optimistic for you. Where I seen real improvement was at the 75mg, it was from this point that I started to see some clear days creep in. Keep going and trust it to do its job for you, believe in it :two_hearts::two_hearts::blush:

4 Likes

Thanks so much @nin I’ve just felt a little less rocky so only very minor changes but I’m hoping that’s a good sign. Can I ask what changes you felt at first ? I am so hoping this drug is the one for me !

Could I ask as dr s said this is the last symptoms to go but the spaced out dream like drunk feeling was that also the last to go for you ? :heart::blush:

1 Like

Hey all, has anyone gone past 75mg and experienced further improvement?

1 Like