Unsteady, Weakness, Numbness - My story!

Well, I’m always sorry to see a new member here, but at the same time glad that you found us and especially glad that you found Dr. S’s name from the recommendations here and that you have an appointment with him!

1. Print your entire post, take that with you to Dr. S., and ask him to read it when you first go in to see him. It is very complete and well-written and the reason I suggest this is that it is SO easy to go into a doctor’s office and forget to tell them this or that. You will be providing him with a complete, easy-to-read summary that he can then keep and add to your file in his office.

2. Early in your post, you describe “unsteadiness.” But it’s not until the very end that you describe it as “I just get incredibly unsteady on my feet – being pulled back/down/left/right sensation, as if the floor isn’t firm, struggle to look at the sky/to the side when walking…” If that describes your unsteadiness going all the way back to 2007, put that in at the beginning (of the document you print and take to Dr. S.) That will give him a better idea of what you have been experiencing since the beginning. (I admit that when I first read your post I wasn’t at all sure that what you described as “unsteadiness” was what others here have experienced. But your more-detailed statement near the end definitely does describe what many other MAV sufferers have.)

3. It’s interesting that you’re starting to experiment with diet and you’re seeing some results. Check out my post in this thread: Diet - Support Wiki 🗂 - mvertigo.org vestibular disorders support forum This is one of our “Wiki” threads, which many of us helped build. Look at my post in that thread. I included a number of different “migraine diets” that I had found from reputable sources on the Internet. Some of them are much more extensive than Dr. S’s list. And some list foods that fall into one of two categories: “tyramines,” or “histamines.” Who knows, you may be sensitive to foods that fall into one of those categories. Something to experiment with.

Good luck with the appointment and be sure to let us all know what he says. There are many people on this forum who have been fortunate to see Dr. S. and they have all had good things to say about him!

1 Like