Understanding MAV

Hi Jem :slight_smile:

I’m doing better at the moment thanks. I have still had a couple of horrid episodes though - full on tingling & off balance. Sorry you had a horrid day. Yes DR S said to say at 50mg unless I have another major crash if I do I’m to up the dose again. Dr S is going to do the spinning chair balance test on me the next time he sees me & I think I’m going to do some VRT. He did mention the ‘giant plaster’ and giving things time to heal!
Jem, I have been feeling unwell for about 15 months now , I too got better, if only for 3/4 weeks , then it came back with avengence. Here’s to a better day tomorrow! X

— Begin quote from “Dizzyanne”

As well as 24/7 headaches & dizziness I also had facial pains. It was for these pains I was put on the nori and it has helped quite a bit.
The topirimate is for the headaches. I am really not very happy about taking both so may come off the nori.

Hope your appointment with Dr Silver goes well and you get some answers.

Anne x

— End quote

Hi Anne,

Just wanted to say, I’m on both nori and Topirimate and under Dr S and havent really had any probs.

— Begin quote from “Anna31”

Hey ladies Jem, Donna,

Just wanted to say hi - and say how lucky we are to have this forum. Donna you are amazing to have the strength to go for another baby with these horrid dizzys - I would love another baby but am too scared so well done you. Your positivity is amazing! As you know I saw Dr S on Wednesday - he truly believes that we can get better - life wont be the same (ie you can’t neck a bottle of red & eat blue cheese all day & expect to feel ok) but some form of normality will return - we need to believe him. I know how hard it is when your feeling sh@t.
I must dash as taking my babies to meet MR Maker!
Take care all

Anna x

— End quote

I saw Dr S on Friday and you’re right, my boyfriend just said to me “The doctor spoke like a permanent fix wasn’t even in question, just a matter of when.” … His approach seems to be that we all will get better, failure to do so is not an option. I think it’s really important to keep hold of the postitivity that he has. Not particularly keen on the fact he told me to stop drinking alcohol, but hey (!!)

xx

p.s Who is Mr Maker?!

Ha :lol: mr maker is a cheebies tv presenter - my daughter loves him, he’s an artist - we got to meet him at the V&A on Sunday! (That’s what my weekends look like with toddlers!)

Yes, I agree that DR S has a great way of explains things- I have to take my husband with me next visit because of the rotating chair test , will be good to have someone with a more stable brain listen to what he says :lol:
Has DR S told you about how he’s only failed to help 5 people ever - so our chances are pretty good! You make me laugh with your booze, I asked the same question and got the same answer oh how I love my Sauvignon blanc! X x (going to send you a pm)