Top MAV doctors in United States

Did you get any recommendations? Thanks!

I was looking up some of the names on this list and ran across an obituary for one of them:

“Dr. David Solomon, 57, passed away suddenly and tragically in Baltimore on October 20, 2016… David earned a combined MD/Phd in 1990… A member of the faculty and staff of Johns Hopkins University, he was a gifted and compassionate physician who will be deeply missed by his patients, his colleagues and the academic community to which he contributed…”

That’s quite young… and sad.

Hi @mommyrebecca919,

I too am in NM and have had a terrible time with doctors (PCP, Neurologists, Neuro-otologists). Dr Horne a Neuro-otologist told me “Vestibular migraines don’t exist.”. My old and new PCPs definitely don’t understand and keep putting me through the cycle of get off meds, do different things despite my diagnosis at Barrow by Dr. Saha. The Effexor she put me on helped, but I have only had two months of better than horrible since this started. I am in Los Alamos and am now on Long Term Disability and my PCP told me yesterday that he won’t deal with LTD anymore. I can’t drive, rarely walk, sometimes can’t read, … He is running from my LTD because he doesn’t understand that anything like this exists despite the diagnosis. I told him think of Meniere’s disease without low frequency loss. I even took some of Dr Hains’ work to him and he told me he didn’t have time to read it.

Dr. Saha at Barrow in Phoenix NEVER responded to my disability company so I’m at risk of losing my disability insurance. This is a horrible disease with no cure.

I’m done ranting … I would like to compare notes on NM docs with you. I am struggling.

Anyone else reading this, if you live in NM, fly to Phoenix and go to Barrow Neurological Institute and ask for a treatment plan for your local Dr. To follow.