Tinnitus and Ear Pressure

Thanks. Yes the web design is so off-putting it didnā€™t fill me with confidence that the content would be worth my time attempting to navigate it.

Perhaps, as Leader, you ought to contact them and explain that to them. Iā€™m sure like mvertigo.org they fulfill a need and they could help alot more people if their site looked more user friendly and inviting. Shame cos content looked serious and informative, much like ā€˜usā€™. Helen

You ever get ear pressure and itā€™s more frequent hiw di I heal it. Going on 2 weeks now. Last hearing test amd eustaxhian tube and all the rest In sept

Ear pain but not ear pressure except when driving in a car. I used to get an odd feeling of pressure when in a moving car.

Unfortunately I canā€™t offer any advice beyond avoiding the 6 Cs

I hope it eases for you soon Ane

Iā€™ve done diet bit feels hit amd miss. So can i ask having chronic tinnitus is normal with the condition even when in a remission stages? Even though itā€™s been chronic 5 yrs the vertigo comes and.goes but tinnitus non stop along side episodes that Iā€™m having now which are more frequent the ear pain amd pressure

Hi @An4749
My tinnitus is with me 24/7 - no more dizziness since doing the 6Cs and Pizotifen regime but I seem to be stuck with the incessant high pitched ringing. Since starting to reduce the Pizotifen from x4 tp x3 per day I have been having more ear pressure and earache however in my area there have been daily pressure changes and I think this contributes to the tinnitus and pressure/ear trouble. Dr S suggested that I could have a Eustachian Tube problem and should get an ENT referral as he didnā€™t think it was the MVBD - I was surprised by this and needless to say havenā€™y done anything about getting an ENT referral as I canā€™t face the thought of more hospital appointments.

Ringing or hissing, Jan? Mine is definitely a ā€˜hissā€™!

Could it be a ā€˜tizzā€™? Like the fizzy noise carbonated drinks make in the glass? Thats what I get. As far as Iā€™m aware I have no ear trouble as such but I can experience tinnitus with MAV though very rarely since medication really took hold. I can however virtually guarantee it to kick in soon as I really push my vestibular system with say a longer than usual car journey which these days would be over 20 miles. Twenty one miles on the clock and in kicks the tinnitus. Must be some way of telling me my balance system us struggling. For info, I am a Born Again motion sickness freak who has only ever ridden by courtesy of habituation at the best of times both as a child and since MAV. But these days things fo need to be below par for the tinnitus to kick in. Helen

Ringing James - to start with it was the wooshing kind but that eventually changed to ringing in both ears, but it is louder in my left ear. I hated the wooshing pulsating style - I can live with this ringing version but would prefer not to if there is a solution!
Incidently, my father, who has had migraines all his life, also has tinnitus and I think it has made him feel better that I have it too - we swap symptoms! Jan

I think my ringing gets louder after journeys by car and train and after swimming. Definitely louder when there is a pressure change. Interestingly as I am typing my left ear has suddenly quiet ended down considerably! Perhaps my ears were trying to tell me to sit down and do nothing for 5 minutes! Jan

1 Like

All this ā€˜listening to your bodyā€™ is all very well but sometimes it can get just a bit noisy, eh. Helen

1 Like

:joy: haha absolutely!

1 Like

Oh I still get that, but to a lesser extent. It used to be crazy loud and wooshy at times, usually after an alcoholic dinner with lots of carbs like pasta. Thankfully not so bad anymore!

1 Like