Tightness In My Head

Totally convinced. Backed up by my doctor, a UCLH Professor.

Not suggesting everyone has a fistula but convinced a lot of these ear problems are about inner ear pressure regulation and sometimes the plumbing system gets injured for whatever reason.

Can you send that study to me?

Which study?

the one from Japan

With pleasure, on this post:

http://www.mvertigo.org/t/ive-had-it-guys-im-going-to-look-into-perilymph-fistula-plf-surgery/13792?u=turnitaround

I have dealt with pressure extending from left side of eye, past my left ear canal, all the way to the back of my head for some time. It is usually worse when i am really symptomatic. Feels like tightness or a stretch. Quite an odd and unpleasant feeling.

Usually my vision gets blurrier on days when this sensation is prevalent.

Usually my neck also gets sore.

A few ice paks on my neck/head/face may help somewhat or possibly lead to a quicker recovery.

The Silent Migrainers
Head heaviness

This tightness can certainly make for confusion. Itā€™s this tightness in the head that the neurologist told me was the ā€˜migraineous elementā€™. It was certainly having that as opposed to true recognisable migraine that stopped me obtaining any sort of diagnosis and which left me suffering bouts of vestibular attacks without treatment. No doctors recognised it even an ENT consultant told me ā€˜thatā€™s nothing to do with what you have wrong with youā€™. I can never recall being asked if I ever suffered headaches with these attacks. Even had I been I am sure Iā€™d have replied in the negative because, stupid as it might now sound, I never associated that ā€˜head pressureā€™ with being a headache. A headache to me was pain behind the eyes. The only sort I could recall ever having.

1 Like