Sugar

Be forewarned, it’s 800 pages of dense biochemistry. I did my best in the thread to kind of summarize it.

2 Likes

Hi. I looked up her website and was on it for ages. Not a good idea as it sent me to other links about other issues and I was on it for at least a couple of hours!R.

The major factor for me is whether I ate plenty of good food before I ate the sugar. If I had a full meal with lots of protein, I can eat as much sugar as I want. If I replace good food with sugar, yes headache and all kinds of bad things happen.

I think one thing to consider on this topic is no matter what your diet is, our brain needs glucose. Lots of it. And for my body I think its actually helpful to give it some refined carbs and sugar to make it easier on the body (within moderation after a balanced meal). But that’s just me, everyone is different. I hate being hungry, and hungry is what I feel on low carb… :grinning:

1 Like

I do just the opposite. I make more than enough glucose through gluconeogenesis in my liver. Any extra exogenous sugar and all hell breaks loose.

1 Like

You and your fancy terms. You mean you feel awful when you eat a donut. :grin:

5 Likes

And guilty, too! :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Oh dear. And it was only a small slice too. Celebration cake. Some celebration. I am guessing it was the icing that really pushed the sugar content over the edge. After two weeks of ‘Crystal clear’ head days two days of funny ears (full, tinnitus. Etc) and off balance and the culprit as far as I can tell would have been all that sugar in that thin slice of cake. Both sugar and salt above regular levels seem to do it for me. Apparently either can change fluid levels in the ears and cause pressure changes. I well believe it. I consume very little sugar on a daily basis and my blood sugar has come back as the low end of normal on both occasions when tested this year as part of a routine comprehensive set so presumably it only affects my ears.

1 Like