Spatial Disorientation

Ahh im the same as youā€¦ears and nose pressure to the point of burstingā€¦in fact i often wish my ear would burst or my nose bleed to find reliefā€¦
Jo

Thanks jo thatā€™s means so much Iā€™ve felt pretty low this week period is getting to me ! Has venlafaxine made you feel normal outside ?:grimacing:

Im just starting to improve from a relapse which has had me in pain and dizzy for 3 solid weeks and off work on sick leave but im due my Botox next Friday so that may help but my answer is yesā€¦Venlafaxine is the ONLY med that had given me any relief outdoors. I couldnt even hold a conversation with anyone outside or cross a road or go to the shopā€¦i was too disorientated and felt spaced out
Ive never had anything so debilitating in my life
Jo

I totally relate to that ! Iā€™m so sorry about your relapse jo I am sure the Botox will help :slight_smile: so would you say you feel somewhat normal outside now ? My doctor put me on Prozac or fluoextine as he said itā€™s a milder ssri so Iā€™m kinda hoping it may help but who knows next option is ven!

Well they say SSRI/ SNRIā€™s are the first line treatments for PPPD( i know this isnt our diagnosis) but personaly i think long time MAV sufferers have same type of symptoms as this so i think we are on the right meds for our persistent dizziness and Venlafaxine made me feel more alert and ā€œwith itā€ while outdoors now. If Prozac doesnt do the trick its worth giving Venlafaxine a go. Im now on 75mg
Jo

Yes this was exactly my thoughts so figured Iā€™d give that a go first but if that doesnā€™t work will def try ven thanks jo :slight_smile: did ven work quickly for you ? I have heard this a lot with this med

Yesā€¦i did see results quite quickly with only a few niggly side effects like dry mouth and very vivid dreams.
Jo

1 Like