SOME SITE NEWS: We have moved! (to Paris!)

Oh, safari - try rebooting, killing safari, etc.

Working on my iPhone 7. Which model do you have?

I have iphone 7 plus.

1 Like

Good taste :wink:

Most odd ā€¦ it canā€™t be the custom header as that shouldnā€™t show on mobile version of the site. Iā€™ve had someone test on Android and that was ok too ā€¦

Does anyone else have an iPhone Plus?

EDIT: just checked with a friend who has an iPhone 6 Plus and it renders ok ā€¦

1 Like

I just deleted browsing history with cookies and that seemed to do the trick.

1 Like

Ah great. Thanks for working that out.

1 Like

FYI I have now set up automated daily off-site back-ups so if anything goes really wrong we lose maximum one dayā€™s worth of forum activity.

James, I am not very computer savy. If I post a reply to some members can everyone see it or do I have to reply each person? Could you please let me know?
Thank you
Sincerely
Gracy

Everyone sees your replies.

Thanks for the reply. Good, I donā€™t have to annoy everyone!

Great job! ! !

Yes, Gracy, they can see your replies.

If I can suggest you use one detailed post with your suggestion (I see you have opened a thread already, iā€™ve linked below). Most active members will read it anyway so you will get the message out. You donā€™t need to cut & paste the same text to every thread :slight_smile:. You can link your detailed thread using the chain icon on the post you want people to be referred to. This will present the URL of that post which you can copy and then can paste that link in a more brief reply without then having to repeat the same information, like this:

https://www.mvertigo.org/t/how-many-of-you-who-are-suffering-from-vertigo-had-a-cervical-x-ray-to-rule-out-cervical-rib-or-an-elongated-cervical-c7-transverse-process/14664

Also, if one replies to too many posts with near identical text, especially if itā€™s in quick succession, it can come across as spamming and will turn people off from oneā€™s idea and I donā€™t want that to happen. I want our opinions to be heard - its very important we all have our say and people are then able to make up their own minds based on all the available information and can raise this stuff with their care provider.

Note you can also use the pencil icon to edit an existing post (if youā€™ve made an error or want to add additional information), so you donā€™t need to post twice in a row.

Just some gentle suggestions - your contribution is hugely appreciated!

1 Like

Thanks Gracy, my pleasure!

1 Like

Visual ā€˜Themesā€™ for the forum

These change the way the forum looks.

Iā€™ve added an optional theme ā€˜Material Designā€™ you can select either:

• From the ā€˜hamburgerā€™ menu (the three horizontal lines) at the top right in the middle (quickest method)
  • From user Preferences under Interface (Remember to hit ā€˜Saveā€™)

It makes things pop a little more.

(beware this theme moves and changes the ā€˜new topicā€™ button on desktop/tablet)

Let me know if you think I should make this the default ā€˜lookā€™. Maybe should load a few and have a poll :slight_smile:

Canā€™t promise I wonā€™t load more options :wink:

Would anyone like to see a Dark Theme (predominantly white text on a black background) or one with a larger font? I wonder if that would make it easier to read for some?

Let me know what you think.

Enjoy

James

Awesome this site is back. I was active way back when and was very disappointed when things switched over to facebook. I come here every once in a while to see if there is any activity but rarely if ever is there anything. Now I have to take a look around and see if I can figure out the new set up.

2 Likes

Gosh, welcome back @bookworm! Be sure to post a dedicated update topic on how youā€™ve been, Iā€™m sure the members would appreciate it. I hope you are feeling better these days.

James

1 Like

James - thank you for the welcome!! I still have to take a look around here and figure out how this is set up and where to post, once I do that Iā€™ll post an update. Things look quite different then when Scott and Adam were in control. For now, the reason I checked out this site today was this morning for the first time in almost 7 years I woke up to see my bedroom spinning around. Not happy with this.

Just hit the New Topic button top right when you are on the thread list :slight_smile:

Sorry to hear about the spin, that must have been really disappointing!

@turnitaround Iā€™m always a fan of larger font, but itā€™s not a necessity. :slight_smile:

Iā€™d enjoy a dark theme with the default theme settings.
I usually read this site at night in bed.

Done, with logo modifications. Not perfect (the small icon rope looks a bit ā€˜ropeyā€™ at moment, might refine), but works.

Enjoy, night owls!

1 Like