Shaky, Shifting Vision - Persistent Migraine Aura

— Begin quote from “Davie”

Definitely not Labs. Let us know how you go :slight_smile: Did you have any other symptoms to begin with?

FYI, the best doctor for this sort of thing would be a neuro-opthalmologist.

Dave

— End quote

Hi Dave,
I have a history of positional vertigo (maybe a handful over the years) and also migraine with the actual headache (again, just a handful in my life and I’m 35 now), but this all began with the shifting vision. I did have a few months leading up to it where I just felt “off” and came down with a sinus infection right around the same time it started, so my doctor keeps saying she thinks a virus caused it from my sinuses, but I don’t think so. Along with the shifting, my right ear really hurt a lot and felt full almost all the time (this has since all but diminished, unless a storm is coming then I get “full” again). Bright lights bothered me but not so much now and loud noises bother me a bit, along with a new sensitivity to chemical smells!! I did test with a 28% weakness of the right ear with the calorics test (not sure if that would rule out MAV??), but an MRI and other testing, including extensive blood work was all normal. For the most part, the shifting has been my main, constant symptom to this day, but I have also had the ear pain/pressure, tons of sinus and head pressure (not as bad anymore), and a strange pulling sensation on the right side of my head. It’s definitely worse during storms and my time of the month. Also, I feel worse in the dark and with my eyes closed. I used to feel like I was moving all around when I would lay down and close my eyes at night, but that has gotten better. About 2 weeks ago, after a bout of starting to feel a bit better on the Heal Your Headache diet, I had a few episodes of extreme “rocking” and/or “swaying” of the world, and I mean extreme! (This was during my menstrual cycle.) From the start I have always felt better in motion and that holds true to this day. I feel pretty much normal in cars and walking around my house. It’s when I’m still that it kills me! I feel better watching movement on TV (though too much movement like a commercial with roller coasters or something like that, makes me a bit queasy!). I truly feel that VRT has helped tremendously and possibly the Heal Your Headache diet. I started feeling better when I first started it, but then I got hit with that weird rocking/swaying that was more intense than anything I had ever experienced, so I had wondered if the diet was not helping. (Sorry if this is more info than you were asking for, lol)

Did you have any other symptoms too, or just the shifting? It’s horrid, isn’t it!? It’s interesting that the articles you linked say it’s a brain problem. My ENT maintains to this day that it’s vestibular (I guess because of my positive calorics test).

I’ve only been to an ENT but keep hearing about the neuro-otologists. I will have to look into that as I know now for sure that my current ENT is not getting me anywhere!

Thanks!

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)