The Vestibular Migraine & Secondary Hydrops Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

Segwaying with MAV is possible 🙌

Hello all - sharing some positive news on my Centre Parcs holiday…

So yesterday we went for a 2.5 hour Segway/Quad bike safari here at Sherwood Forest. I can say I survived but more to the point I actually enjoyed living a little again! Someone with a dodgy balance system riding a Segway?! Surely thats unheard of?! :rofl:

I will admit I felt a little spaced out initally but once I was on the ride I felt better. At xmas (time of booking it) I was having a massive relapse could barely turn my head - I remember thinking there’s no way I will be well enough by July to so all those things!!! WRONG :blush::blush::blush::blush: I have mostly cycled all over the forest whilst been here too! Done lots of activities and even had a alcohol free beer! :grin::rofl: I’m back to living life on the edge! :crazy_face::see_no_evil:

This is all thanks to Amitriptyline!! Its given me some life back for sure! :dancer::dancer:

I am due Botox in 2 days and I have to say I can barely notice its worn away right now! :cupid:

For all the people MAV tries to destroy - You will get better and you can absolutely live your life again! :two_hearts::champagne:

Good luck MAVers! :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

So good to hear you’re having a great holiday! Enjoy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Woooo! What fun!

I recently rented some electric scooters and they were so much fun!

1 Like

Oh James! It’s been great fun :grin::grin:
There is so many activities to do here! Not sure I can manage the boat rides but I’m still happy! :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Haha. Awesome beans. Well done for being so brave as to engage and going for it!!

Moving to #success-stories-positivity

2 Likes

Kirsty
Im soooo happy for you being able to do so much…a well deserved break my friend
Jo💖

2 Likes

A segway!?!?!:partying_face: I mean that has to be one for the records!
Not lying… I have goosebumps right now! :star_struck:
You deserve this, you are such a fighter and you are so strong! :sparkling_heart:
I truly cannot tell you how inspiring you are and how incredibly happy I am for you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
You took the chance, you fought the fight and now you are reaping much deserved rewards. So proud of you my friend! XOXOXOXOXO

2 Likes

Yayyy! I’m really happy for you kirsty

2 Likes

Thank you Jo!! Your lovely post has made me smile so much!!! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart: paintballing today was very intense but so fun too!:wink: got the war wounds to prove it!:crazy_face: hope you’re doing well lovely?! :cupid: xxx

1 Like

Reneè I can’t quite believe what I have been able to do on this holiday! Quad biking around hairpin bends… segwaying, paintballing! Lots of cycling with next to no issues! :+1:t3::star_struck::star_struck: I can’t quite believe it! I am just so glad I haven’t spoiled it for everyone else and have had a great time! :two_hearts::two_hearts::two_hearts:

What a massive turn around my life seems to have taken! Honestly couldn’t be happier! Overjoyed! And hopeful it will last :pray::crossed_fingers::pray::crossed_fingers::pray:

Thank you for your wonderfully inspiring words! Your such a special lady! You guys give me the courage to keep going and thats all I can do :two_hearts::kissing_heart::heart_eyes::champagne:

Hope you’re OK lovely?! XoXoXoX :sparkling_heart::gift_heart:

1 Like

Thanks James! :pray: I’m not sure wether I am brave or stupid!! Haha - seriously though so glad I have been so good on this holiday! Last thing I wanted to do was let everyone down so for that I am so pleased :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::champagne::raised_hands:

1 Like