Rebound headache

Just looked it up. Seems that I take a chelated form of magnesium after all! And that chelated forms are better absorbed, which I now recall is why I remember choosing magneiusm citrate in the beginning.

*Magnesium can be purchased as a dietary supplement in one of two basic forms: chelated or non-chelated. “Chelated” means connected with another molecule. In the case of magnesium, the most common chelates fall into the category of amino acid chelates. In these supplements, magnesium is attached to a building block of protein (called an amino acid). The most widely-available amino acid chelates are magnesium glycinate, magnesium aspartate, and magnesium taurate.

Magnesium can also be attached to an organic acid (like citrate) or to a fatty acid (like stearate). The non-chelated forms of magnesium include magnesium oxide, magnesium sulfate, and magnesium carbonate. There is some research evidence that the chelated forms of magnesium (like magnesium citrate) are better absorbed than the non-chelated forms (like magnesium oxide).
whfoods.com/genpage.php?tnam … nt&dbid=75*

Brenda

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)