The Vestibular Migraine & Secondary Hydrops Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

Pregnancy and vestibular condition

Hello everyone, wanted to share some news with you all. I’ve been dealing with my vestibular condition since june of this year. Docs have said i have Vestibular neuritis/labrynthitis. I have 40% weakness in my left ear. I have been doing VRT for two weeks. I went to the endocrinologist to find out if my diabetes was contributing to my vestibular issue, and while there he had a pregnancy test done and found out I’m pregnant. My husband and I had been trying to conceive for 3 years with no luck and just thought it would never happen. I’m writing this because I need advice on how to deal with being pregnant while having this issue. My husband and I are really happy, but me feeling unwell is really scaring us. Any advice is greatly appreciated as far as doing the vrt exercises and taking supplements, currently taking magnesium, coq10, vit b2, b12, d3, c and going to start to take prenatals. Going to my GP today for a referral to the OBGYN due to my diabetes and my age, im 37 yrs old. Prayers and good vibes are also welcome. Thank you.

Well done you. After so long too. All the very best. You might be lucky and find you’ll lose the MAV conditions whilst pregnant. Not at all familiar with it but I think I read it changes as your hormones change through each trimester. I suspect your luck occurred as youe were so occupied with the MAV you relax and didn’t think about wanting to be pregnant much like it does with plp who adopt or decide there’s no hope and buy a business or a horse - a new all consuming ‘interest’, then suddenly find out they’ve a baby on the way.
Do try to enjoy the whole experience and not worry. Helen

Thank you Helen. My husband and I thought we would never be parents, but you are right all my vestibular symptoms took over our lives and we were not thinking at all about babies. I hope my symptoms do come down and will make my pregnancy a little bit more pleasant. Thats what my husband and I have been doing all day, enjoying this moment. Thank you for the kind words.