Paxil Dosage

Me to! I go from 70% to %50 to 0 in days, sometimes hours.
K

getting worried about Paxil. I’ve only been on it 3 nights and tonight will be the 4th, but I feel like buzzing or bees buzzing in my neck and head. I also started taking some lorazapam,one at night to sleep and I take one in late morning as I am so dizzy in the mornings it’s awful. I wonder if the feeling is the Paxil side effects already or is it the lorazapam? Anyone have any thoughts. I don’t want to quit the paxil as i need it for depression and want to go to 20mg. I have not started Nori as yet, although I have it all ready sitting there in the bathroom in 5mg tablets that I had made. Just don’t dare take it now, when I feel so buzzy and dizzy and just on the edge of spinning many times a day. worried. Meredith

I have only been on Paxil for 11 days and I just increased to 20mg. Since I dont have typical migraine, I figured I would do a fast titration like non-migraine anxiety patients use.

Darren,
That is so awesome for you. I can’t even stand 5 mg. What do you mean you don’t have typical migraine? Maybe that is why your brain can handle higher doses and more meds. Anyway, I am very happy for you and I hope you are feeling better all the time. I am back in my pajamas all day, miserable, crying, wondering where I went wrong. Calling Dr. Hain today to ask if I should stay on Paxil longer or get off it and start Nori? oh God, !!! I am at a point of despair this morning. I also have BPPV, just found out. I’ll keep trying. meredith

Hang in there and be patient Meredith! Paxil hits serotonin pretty hard so that might be why you are feeling side effects. Im glad you are in good hands with Dr. Hain! BPPV is very easy to cure, so you have nothing to worry about there.

“What do you mean you don’t have typical migraine?” I dont have any personal or family history of migraine headache or aura. I actually think my dizziness is caused by anxiety rather than migraine. So as far as tolerating medication goes, I tolerate medication easily like a non-migraniur.

Wow, I started on paxil before I tried any other ssri. My doctor started me on a very low http://sizer.org/paxildosage at 10mg, but even at that the side effects were fairly severe. Mostly just a headache, but it took me 3-4 weeks before I could move up to the normal 20mg/day dosage.

Any updates on the Paxil experiments in this thread?
I’m keen to hear how things went for Darren and Meredith.
Louise