Oscillopsia

Well, the initial insult that kicked everything off (vestibular concussion) happened about September 2017, oscillopsia came about roughly 5 or 6 months after (the real worst of it, meaning when the balance disorder kicked into high gear hit me about 4 months after the initial insult) so for about a year and some months

@rboro1. From everything I’ve read over the years about vision and vestibular conditions and that’s a lot of material Oscillopsia is quite commonplace with all vestibular disorders. It also seems a symptom that tends to linger long term and just occur occasionally. My own experience backs that up.

Apparently Oscillopsia is a symptom and not an illness by itself. I have been diagnosed with VM and have also developed Oscillopsia, perhaps as a result. I have every symptom described in the thread above and it appears, for me, to change over time. Over the past year the pendular swinging and barrel vision has improved but recently been replaced by the up and down bouncing. I hope this change is indicative of, that if if can change it can also improve. We shall see.
Andrew

1 Like

Andrew my swinging vision came and went (Ami helped a lot with that initially) and then I eventually developed a feeling of too and fro motion (with no visual disturbances). That went too.

Changing symptoms are a sign of progress even though it may not be immediately obvious. Worse would be no change! Hang in there!

Thanks James. I will.
I want to try Ami. I am one year into Venlafaxine (58mg). I believe it’s time to explore the addition of a new med or a new med altogether. My neurologist wants me to stay on Ven so I am going to see another neurologist to get another opinion.

Andrew

1 Like