On 75mg Nortriptyline, adding Gabapentin

Ive been on nori for a total of 3 or 4 months now. I dont think it has done much, if anything. I thought there was some benefit at first, but I think that was just the waxing and waning of the problem. Im adding Gabapentin, my doc said to start at 100mg a night, what is the target dose? What does Dr. S do?

This is a favourite combo of Dr S I think. I am on not nori but not gaba. I have heard people going up to 1800mg of gabapentin under Dr S. I think he usually starts off pretty low say 100mg then increasing to 300mg a day for a good few weeks at least …others will probably know better…

Why are you staying on the nori if it isn’t doing anything? I’m sorry to hear you are having such a hard with the meds. Is your primary care dr. prescribing these? Yea you can start Gabapentin at 100 mg and I think the “therapeutic dose” starts at 900 mg? 1800 mg is a good dose but I think you can go up a lot higher than that too. Remind me what other meds have u tried?

Jem, are you having luck with Gaba?

Sarah, I figured I would stay on the 75mg Nori dose for a few months just to be safe. My GP knows a lot about migraine, he suggested nori. I asked if I could try gabapentin and told him about Dr. S who has a lot of luck with this med. He was happy to let me try it.

So far Ive been under the care of a few docs, cuz I have moved around a lot. Ive tried topamax, nortriptyline, verapamil, propranolol, and pizotifen with no luck.

I tried 100mg the first night, and 200mg the second night. So far no side effects.

Darren,
Gabapentin, or Neurontin as I know it, is a pretty easy med for most people. Also, I found this link helpful.

crazymeds.us/pmwiki/pmwiki.p … /Neurontin

It tells you about dosing etc…I know Lyrica is the stronger, more “clean” version…something to consider.

Kelley

Good info Kelley.

Im up to 300mg now, no side effects. If anything, the past 2 days have been a little better than usual.

It’s a start!
Let’s hope it’s a good one for you. Muppo did great on it.

Kelley