Nortriptyline and topamax?

does anyone know if you can take nortriptyline and Topamax together? im on nortriptyline and propranolol at the min but thinking of asking my doctor to add in Topamax if I can, any advice on this would be great!

Yes you can, my Neuro is going to add in topomax to my nortriptyline if I am no better on 35mg of Nortriptyline

Hi Revolving are you still taking topamax and nortriptyline? How is it going? My doc is thinking about putting my on nortrptyline or amitriptyline along with my topamax because i am having trouble sleeping on the topamax. hope you are doing well!

Hello dizzydad. Yes I am on 10mg nortriptyline because when I went up to 20mg I had the worst stomach cramps ever and became really unsteady so went back down to 10mg which is great at controlling the 24/7 nausea. So they added in topiramate which I take at 25mg split in two doses, 12.5mg am and 12.5mg pm. I was supposed to go up to 50mg but have had such a great result with 25mg I am staying on that. I get a bit more ear fullness, or pressure changes with the topiramate but I can live with that as I can now do most things without getting dizzy!!!:grinning: It is truly amazing because before the meds I couldn’t clean my flat, put my shopping away, chop vegetables, basically move unless it was in a straight line! I haven’t tried dancing yet but I feel like it!

I hope the combination works as well for you too☺

I take 75 mg topamax and 30 mg nort and have issues with cooling down as well but I was told I’m okay to drive, so your bike should definitely be fine.

You should just be aware of the symptoms of seritonin syndrome as the tri-cyclics, triptans SNRIs and others are associated with it in a small percentage of people. It can be deadly.

Just wondering if anybody is taking nortriptaline as well as Topamax? If just taken my first dose of Topamax last night and I’m feeling pretty weird this morning. How long did it take to get used to the side effects?

Moved your post here as not an original topic. I’ve recategorised and tagged several relevant topics in #medication:combos for you