Nortriptyline and nausea?

Oh man, I love those. Probably they also have medicinal value, but not if you’re eating them like candy like I do.

Where can I find those??

Online for sure. But they are at the expensive natural section of my local grocery store and at health food stores.

Thanks!!

+1 for gin gins.

I used to have ibs type symptoms a lot. I went out to dinner with my husband and parents and in-laws to a nice restaurant. Afterward we were all in the car together heading back home and ten minutes after leaving the restaurant I had to make them pull into a McDonalds because my stomach was revolting against the food. And I was in the bathroom for like 15 minutes while they all waited for me in the car.

This was like the second time I’d spent any time with my in-laws. It was so embarrassing.

I totally feel for you.

1 Like

I have decades of similar stories; some funny, some too embarrassing to speak of. One of my favorite funny stories regarding just such an occurrence has come to be known in my family as the Chaco Canyon Incident. You have to be able to laugh at yourself.

1 Like

At the time I was too self-conscious about impressing my in-laws to laugh about it. Months later I realized that they live across the country, so I would not likely see them very often, so I should quit worrying about it. At this point I have seen them only a handful of times in the 25 years I’ve known my husband.

The rest of my family knows my stomach is not good so they understand when I have issues. And I’ve since learned better what might cause me problems.

Now, of course, I eat very little variety because of the migraines and I only eat at home. Problem mostly solved.

1 Like

I wish I could say that, the I have known triggers part. I’m on a diet and medication regime that should cause horrible constipation. Definitely not the case, though just for funzies sometimes I go there, too. I’m glad I mostly work from home because I often get no warning and will be in the bathroom a half dozen times on a bad day (today, for instance).

1 Like

I didn’t actually have ibs…just those types of symptoms. I have always had a sensitive stomach and still have issues of constipation or diarrhea, it’s just less often than it used to be.

I wish finding triggers was possible for everyone, including for migraines. Unfortunately, from my own experience I know that just isn’t possible.

You may achieve the same effect as
Nortriptyline through prebiotics alone.
You sure big pharma’s interests and yours are aligned?

1 Like

if you want - you can put one in a cup of hot water - make yourself some ginger tea (it will melt)

Sometimes ignorance prevents ppl from seeing the perfect solution even when it stares them in the face. Here: PRE-BIOTICS are staring you in the face.
Far, far more effective than most drugs.
Yet in our pill popping society doctors are held on pedestal.
“The doctor said…” as if a deity or prophet uttered some important words.
In their blind belief, patients of these doctors will happily gulp down whatever the doctor said, even if it poisons them.
It’s unbelievable.