New to vestibular migraine, migraine without headache?

Anonymous please

2 Likes

fluid leaks ending does mark the end of an era ! Kudos

Guess what i know many people who stopped meds and even on meds well controlled and all of them say end of day tiredness brings dizziness. Suki who you know, when she wrote to me she said the exact same thing.

Chronic imbalance is rubbish when walking. For a long time i fooled myself into thinking i will compensate and walked and walked, even did VRT in the restroom. Did not help a bit. I am learning to ignore the walking on trampoline sensation.

The most dreaded sensation for me if when you feel everything around is spinning but in super slow motion and rocking and swaying. Then at this point i know its one of the acute episodes.

Try magnesium i highly highly recommend it. It is a natural calcium channel blocker. It is the over-the-counter Verapamil (I made that bit up but you get the point). People sometimes unknowingly take it with calcium which defeats what it does.

Vigs, how long have you had symptoms?

ohhh polls always anonymous…depends though on the subject we can make exceptions…for medicines i would prefer i had names…for instance i can ping James to ask how did you do on Ami ?

1 Like

20 months…with one month of no symptoms thanks to the doc who accidentally prescribed prednisone for my vestibular neuritis…later i was told if steroids worked i could have migraine…

Emily we are on the same timezone and we are doing really bad on the sleep hygiene piece don’t ya think ?

1 Like

I wasn’t gonna mention it if you didn’t…

1 Like

Goodnight James @turnitaround

Goodnight Vigs @GetBetter

Goodnight John Boy

2 Likes

Gnite Emily

Good morning James

1 Like

Night all!

Effexor not helping you at all with imbalance? I remember watching a vid a while back i believe her name was svea and she said the rocking and swaying was gone with effexor. She made it sound like most of the symptoms were gone with effexor.

The most dreaded sensation for me if when you feel everything around is spinning but in super slow motion and rocking and swaying. Then at this point i know its one of the acute episodes.

This. Ugghh. It feels like you are on right edge of vertigo but not really. One symptom i have been witnessing for about a month is when i am opening a door. It feels like there is extra oomph to it either when i pull or push to open a door. If i am pulling the door towards me to open it, it feels like there is someone on ther other side pushing along with with you while you are pulling and vice versa when i am pushing the door to open then its pulling from other side. So weird!

Hey you watch a lot of youtube. So do i. Yes i have seen the svea interview. She is on effexor 37.5. I am on 13mg. Anything more than that i cant sleep. I think i can get more relief at an higher dose but i am stuck cos of the activating effect which prevents me from sleeping.

Hey when did you start Xanax ?. I thought you wanted to Amitriptyline. Try effexor if you can.

Maybe I didn’t clarify. I was talking about the past when I was talking about xanax back in november. Effexor was next on my trial list even after seeing so many horror stories here. Svea’s video and you made me want to try it in the future.

every person reacts to every med differently. Keep an open mind and try it.

Yes, and I share a similar diagnosis history with Suki … she’s had a SEH post PLF diagnosis (as well as MAV). I also get “The sound of the sea” which she describes (though it’s becoming more like “The sound of the lake” by the day lol, and sometimes just a kind of low level bubbling almost popping/crackling or does happen at all (which is new))

And on that topic I’ll quote Hain:

“About half of persons with BPPV onset before the age of 50 meet criteria for migraine. There is no reasonable explanation for this association and we are dubious that it exists. Need more data here !”

https://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/central/migraine/how_migraine.html

Yes, we do indeed!

Again, this illustrates that there is far more to this mystery than the current mantra explains. I have gone into detail on why this might be the case.