The Vestibular Migraine & Secondary Hydrops Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

New member posting for help, relief and answers

@turnitaround
Yeah, I’ve been fighting it for a week. No blood in urine, no cloudy urine. Just kidney pain at times, and male anatomy pain during urination in beginning or end of urination. The pain sometimes dissipates but if I don’t stay on top of the water / cranberry juice it starts to get a little worse-- like today.

The sodium thing-- I try to keep my levels lower. Even if I have too much of the turmeric my left ear usually goes up. I usually do 1/4 tsp of turmeric in 1 cup of water for a tea. I tend to try not to consume the turmeric that sits on the bottom cause my ear will go up. I had 2 cups yesterday of tea with turmeric cause my allergies have been acting up and I was ok, but felt I was on the cusp of my ear pressure elevating.

Are we able to drink green tea?? I heard that’s also a good remedy.

D-Mannose powder is another possibility.

I admit that I’ve had a lot of experience with UTIs. They’re not as common in men as they are in women. But they’re difficult to get rid of without antibiotics and you don’t want it to develop into a kidney problem.

There is one antibiotic that I have taken for them that is called Macrobid. It’s different from the more general-purpose antibiotics. I think it’s only used for UTIs and it doesn’t cause some of the other general-body problems that regular antibiotics do (such as yeast infections for women).

You should really go get a urinalysis and if they say it’s bacterial, ask if you can try Macrobid (if it’s a bacteria that would be killed by Macrobid). Of course you can read more about it on the Google. :slight_smile:

Can MAV sensitive people have D-Mannose powder being so sensitive to everything?
I just want to be better and my compensation untouched.

Hmm antibiotics still freak me out, especially with my last burn out in March which seems to have had lasting effects. I’m working finally but scared of losing all that from an antibiotic if that’s the case.

Read up on D-Mannose. I think it’s sort of a form of sugar. Can’t remember for sure.

Interesting. Yeah, a sugar monomer-- I’m not a scientist so I like when things are explained haha.
I just tried baking soda this evening to see if that’ll help. The sodium actually made my left ear pressure go up a bit. Didn’t help that the weather currently is T-Storms.
I’m seeing a urologist Thursday morning.

Going to the urologist tomorrow. Very worried I’ll have to get an antibiotic since my kidneys have been hurting. No blood in urine or cloudy, just aching pain. Peeing pain comes and goes.
I have an issue with penicillin and the cousin family of it…

What can I actually take that’s low dose and won’t mess with my ear and make me dizzy?

Just a random thought, maybe you tried this, but Curcumin may work for UTI. I use for other purposes and it doesn’t affect my dizziness / head pressure. I use Thorne sustained release curcumin, probably you can get something similar at a health food store.

Ah, I see you’ve tried the tumeric thing… nevermind. White willow bark, maybe?

I like this stuff:

https://www.pureformulas.com/cantharis-30c-by-boiron.html?CUSTOMTRACKING=CUSTOMTRACKING&CAWELAID=773714881&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=61402356212&CATCI=pla-59995145450&CATARGETID=530005240008780635&cadevice=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI746X2u6p3AIVmONkCh2h8w1aEAQYDiABEgKjm_D_BwE

@flutters
Wild! Does that cure UTI’s?

It’s supposed to. I think it cured one for me, but I never went in and got it confirmed. I originally bought it because I was worried about the catheter when I had surgery. I used it later when I thought I was getting a UTI and it cleared right up. Can’t say if it was the Cantharis, but it seems likely.

I figured something that’s homeopathic might appeal to you, given the absurdly low dosage involved in homeopathy. It’s the Le Croix of medications.

That’s why I like ya! Always looking out.:slight_smile:

Hoping that surgery went well I presume.

Would hope this works after things get a little worse so to speak.

Well, that surgery was two years ago and a total disaster in that I ended up in physical therapy for, well, I can’t tell you when it will end, maybe never. But I didn’t get a UTI, so I guess it wasn’t a total disaster. :wink:

Give Cantharis a try. It’s easy to get at natural foods stores.

You’re alive and here and able to ride a bike!!!

Thanks, I’ll mention it to the Uro tomorrow too!

That’s true!

Hey, @Space_Cadet, let us know what the urologist says about that product. I am always looking for something to help with my UTIs.

And good luck tomorrow!

Will do and thank you.
My concern: don’t want to have to use antibiotic and lose compensation and lose my job.
This doctor is somewhat holistic to a point I believe.

@Manatee
What was the dosage of your macrobid?
And also, do you get migraine / dizziness from certain foods too? Pardon if that’s a silly question.

I think it was 100mg, 2xday, for a week.

Foods don’t seem to bother me. Mine’s looking less and less like migraine at all.

You’ve lucked out on that ticket then.