New here - Maybe MAV?

Hi

Sounds much like alot of others on this forum. Still you’ve got on meds now so hopefully things will improve for you. I’m sure you stand the best chance of improvement, being young and particularly as your condition is still episodic and you have caught it early on.

MAV must happen for some reason. I’ve noticed alot of people whose MAV kicked in after much increased computer use. It’s beginning to seem more than coincidence to me. Guess folk would have to have some genetic predisposition to it in the first place but that goes for most medical conditions I’d imagine other than those caused by trauma.

Not that the workers of this computerised world could really avoid screens anyway but intolerance to them does prove a problem. It’s probably visual vertigo causing the dizziness in front of the screen. It can be sensitivity to the blue light coming off the screen or ‘just’ the moving text, banners etc. Some people do find relief with tinted lenses or special computer glasses. However this is not really getting near the root of the problem. With MAV the dizziness is the equivalent of the migraine headache, the symptom - you say you don’t get headaches - neither do I or many others. The theory is, if the preventative stops the migraine, the dizziness and visual vertigo (another common MAV symptom) will cease.

It’s a long shot but it is worth a thorough eye examination because any sort of eye could cause similar symptoms and might not necessarily come to light under routine eye tests. Vertical Heterophoria is one. Might be worth looking into but it’s a long shot.

I’d be careful about taking painkillers with preventatives. Some neurologists, Dr SIlver in UK reckons it can stop them working. You’ll find his discourse elsewhere on this forum together with lots of further info.

Good Luck in getting to grips with The Beast.

1 Like