New here ... looking for reassurance

If you enjoyed a relaxing drink on an evening can you not replace the red wine with something else that wont trigger any symptoms? You deserve some sort of life! I could drink alcohol in moderation with Piz
Jo x

I am a bit worried about trying alcohol, but will possibly introduce white wine at some point. It was very strange that when I first got this I went completely off red wine and coffee and have only just started drinking coffee (decaf) again. I still donā€™t fancy red wine much, but maybe in another few months! :wine_glass:

Yes you know your own body and mind stick with what you do and dont fancy. I was only on 0.5mg of Piz for a short time whilst you are climbing the ladder to a decent dose. See how you manage it when you get back to workā€¦i felt very very tired on a morning at 5 30am with it
Jo xx

Thatā€™s reassuring to hear that it takes a while to kick in , itā€™s probably also about the dosage too. I am hoping the higher I go the better I will feel. I have so many questions when I speak to him next week :grimacing: ah yes Iā€™ve have most of those symptoms never knew head pressure could be a migraine :grimacing: ā€¦ did you ever get any visual issues ?
Oh I 100% agree I was so stressed before my mav happened pRoBlEmS is how do you unstress when your feeling unwell. I def want to go away but my bf lives in California so canā€™t hack an 11 hour flight just yet please god soon tho :facepunch:t3::pray:t3::sparkling_heart:

I hope Dr S manages to answer all your questions - it will be interesting to hear what he thinks.
As far as visual symptoms go I didnā€™t ever see stripes or anything that obscured my vision, but i did have wobbly eyes - they seemed to pulsate in time to my ears and head which made using the computer difficult when I did try to work.:upside_down_face: I do a lot of typos at the best of times but that made it a lot worse - dyslexic spelling! I was really glad when my eyes settled down as it helped me to feel less unbalanced. I couldnā€™t tolerate bright lights either but that has settled down too and I am not as sensitive as I was.:grinning:
Gosh being separated an 11 hour flight must be hard :disappointed_relieved: - I am not good at flying long haul - or short haul come to that, even before I got MVBD. When we went to Florida many moons ago I had to have Valium to get me there and back - I get severe claustrophobia and donā€™t do lifts either - Iā€™m a sad case! :sweat: Even some of the rides in Disney Land /Epcot gave me panic attacks lol! :rofl:

I do feel a bit left out when we go out with friends - the no alcohol and diet bore ! I am feeling quite tired today - I donā€™t sleep very well at night which is a nuisance - perhaps when I increase the dose in a couple of week to taking 2 at bedtime instead of 1 it will help. I need to go back to see my osteopath as that has been helping the lower back ache which is what normally keeps me awake. If itā€™s not my back it is being too hot and having burning feet and legs! Maybe going back to work will also tire me out. xx

Thanks for the reply jan :slight_smile: donā€™t worry Iā€™ve hated rides forever makes sense now I know I have this ilness lol. Yes as for dr s I hope he can offer some reassurance itā€™s only a phone call app so hope he makes times poor guy is prob exhausted by us :joy:

Ohh Iā€™ve heard of that I get more visual snow shimmering and visual vertigo very odd stuff . Iā€™m not as light sensitive so I know the drug is doing something it just all feels so long lasting .

Amazing your going back to work :slight_smile: def think it will tire you out funny you mention the not sleeping since upping my dose I have the same but it always happens for me and the. Settles maybe itā€™s because itā€™s doing something to my brain :grimacing::sunglasses: yes itā€™s hard even more with me being sick but heā€™s been amazing and come to c me every 5 weeks I am hoping to move there end of the year if my mav allows it ! :blush:

How lovely that your BF comes to see you every 5 weeks :grin: - it will be great to move out there this year. A fab goal to aim for and to see off the MAV! xx

I canā€™t complain he has been utterly amazing ! And yes that truly my goal
For recovery :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Amy I thought of you couple of times recently when I experienced some minor ā€˜shimmeringā€™ And so went looking for this post. Mine occurs when my eyes are covered with a damp cloth as I carry out warm compress. Two or three times in the last week. This is new to me but I know what you mean now. Itā€™s just like looking through a gas fire. Like the heat rising in the distance on a glorious summerā€™s day. I regularly experience a retained image when I cover my eyes to do compress but only recently have I experienced this. I wonder if itā€™s in some way linked to the distinct change of light, covered eyes/uncovered eyes, indoor/outdoor light differential. Helen

Oh Iā€™m so sorry to hear this although also a little reassured it really is linked to migraine ! Funny you mention the lighting as mine only happens when Iā€™m outside I never ever have it indoors ? And I really wonder why that is ? Strange how your suddenly getting that symptom although nothing suprises me with mav anymore :grimacing:

A

1 Like

Was this dissolvable? As I have the hard pill 10mg ones which one of them made me dizzy so I was thinking of trying 3mg or 5mg and see if the same happens.

Because it is use for acute nausea/vomiting it is generally prescribed as a tiny pill which dissolves naturally in the mouth whilst placed high up on the gum. Imagine Janā€™s would have been the same as sheā€™s UK like me. Itā€™s a brilliant drug to stem nausea short-term. I have had it for severe nausea by injection which avoided me ending up in hospital on a drip. I used to take in shirt-term when acute but sure it was 3mg and worked a treat for nausea. Never did anything towards the severe vertigo which was causing the nausea in the first place. In fact in UK the PIL has been amended so to say it doesnā€™t help with dizziness. However one friend who experienced very occasional classic migraine (like 10 in 40 years?) was delighted to find it worked for her when she had one migraine that made her dizzy rather than headache and she went back to work in the afternoon same day! So are you sure it was the drug made you more dizzy or natural progression. Helen

Iā€™m always dizzy but I felt my dizziness go up a little soon after taking it and for the hours after. Itā€™d be nice if it helped bad nausea in case I get some during my trip to Japan so I plan to try a 5mg tomorrow at 4pm and see if a smaller dose helps my nausea by bed time

Iā€™d be surprised if it didnā€™t help you with nausea. It more or less literally saved my life couple of times when I was fast dehydrating. Itā€™ll work as travel sickness med. brilliantly.

I had both! I was initially given the dissolvable one & antibiotics when it was thought that I had labyrinthitis + some antibiotic ear drops. I was then prescribed Betahistine and I took that with the dissovable Prochlorperazine and realised that the Betahistine was making everything worse so I went back to the GP and was prescribed the hard tablet version of P which stopped the nausea but not the dizziness and other horrible symptoms. When I saw Dr S he prescribed Pizotifen and advised me not to take the Prochlorperazine unless I was having a very bad day as it stopped the ears adjusting. Iā€™ m not sure now which one he was talking about as everything is a bit hazy re back then now!

I expect he was referring to any form of Prochlorperazine at all. They would all work the same chemically. Once when I phoned my surgery for a repeat prescription happened to speak to different doctor, who is known to be really up to date and red hot on everything, and got the Spanish Inquisition about how much I take and very much warned off it. He told me it causes more dizziness than it cures, long-term dizziness which he felt is indicative that it can actually cause damage taken long term and is best totally avoided. I wasnā€™t on any preventatives then but subsequently discovered you arenā€™t supposed to take it with many of them anyway. Helen

1 Like

Thatā€™s probably why Dr S cautioned me not to continue taking the Prochlorperazine - I did as I was told! Hope all is well for you Helen. Jan

Janā€¦you have i think been the PERFECT patient for Dr Sā€¦you have followed his orders 100%ā€¦no work no alcohol strict dietā€¦etcā€¦you havnt put a foot wrong. Now your reaping the rewardsā€¦your life back to some extentā€¦good on ya girl!!
JošŸ’–

1 Like

Compliance, and the ability to be able to do so ie medication tolerance, are certainly huge factors. Helen

1 Like