New Book! - The Migraine Brain

Hi All,

There is a new migraine book out titled The Migraine Brain by Carolyn Bernstein, M.D. It is the most comprehensive book on migraine I have found.:

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

“The Migraine Brain”
More recommended books here

Marci

Thanks for the info Marci!

Have you ordered the book/ read the book yet? Any new tidbits in there? I’m wondering if there was much said on the hormone angle to this apart from monthly cycles.

Cheers … Scott 8)

Scott,

Yes, I have read it. I wish I could say there are some encouraging words in there regarding the hormone treatment, but she doesn’t support it or the herbal treatment I am currently trying. She says, “In general, there are no reliable data strongly supporting their usefulness in treating headaches.” It seems she is cautious as a doctor about putting anything into your body unless it has been proven to be safe in scientific studies.

Don’t let this short excerpt from the book discourage you from reading it. There is a lot of good information in there, although maybe not much in terms of treatment ideas for those who have researched the subject extensively. It is definitely more comprehensive than Heal Your Headache, which I also found to be informative.

I’m sure there are ideas in the book that some readers will disagree with, but I think it is still worth the read. I go by the motto, “Take what you like and leave the rest” with everything I read on the subject, including the posts by members on this forum. :wink: I think that is a healthy way to gather information on the subject.

Have a great day!

Marci

Thanks again for the info Marci. I was able to request this title through my local library. The Introduction to the book was also available to view here for those of you who are interested: catdir.loc.gov/catdir/enhancemen … 149-s.html

Crystal