Nalrexone LDN Lyme

Hello everyone, I was wondering if anyone has ever tried Nalrexone? I am seeing a new environmental health doctor because this past October I found a bug bite/rash on my leg and my primary doctor thinks it might be Lyme. Today my new doctor prescribed me 3mg of Nalrexone to help build up my immune system. Do you think it could help my migraines or vestibular migraines art all? Here is a little bit of information about this drug…

Naltrexone was initially approved back in 1984 at a higher 50mg dose to treat opioid and heroin addiction. An opioid antagonist, naltrexone blocks endorphin action, preventing a patient from getting high on any dose of a drug. In 1985, Dr. Bernard Bihari discovered that naltrexone in a lower 3mg dose enhanced patients’ response to HIV infection (5). By the 1990s, low-dose naltrexone (LDN) was being used in cancer patients and in patients with autoimmune diseases for its observed positive effects on the immune system. Recently, small studies have shown promising benefits of LDN for patients with fibromyalgia as well.

This sounds pretty promising, has anyone ever tried it? Thank you for your help!

1 Like

hi, i don’t know much about this drug, but did you get tested for lyme?

Hi dizzy! My doctor said she wants to wait until January to test me for Lyme, that would give me three full months for the antibodies to build up. I have been on minocycline since October and all of my Lyme symptoms have gone away but I am getting more migraines because she told me to stop getting my steroid trigger point injections while my immune system in down. The Nalrexone should help boost my immunity.

i see, puzzle… good luck