So today I wake up with a dilemma regarding my dose on this medication…
I started 112.5mg on the 26th December after 8 days on 100mg. I had spent the month of December moving up quickly from 75mg to 112.5mg. I had an amazing month in November where after 7 weeks on 75mg had 9 crystal clear 100% days and numerous pain free days.
I went up to try nail what I call the vestibular issues such as the wobbly walking and ears and moving up seemed to help albeit slowly.
On the 26th Dec, started 112mg and had 6 pain free days but noticed balance bit off more than usual and ears went mad regarding noise sensitivity even putting forks into the drawer was sore. Then on the 7th day of this new dose my period arrived and since then I’ve been really struggling with top of head pressure, fuzziness which is now morphing into a daily type of headache, low and dull but persistent.
Went to my gp yesterday as not due to see my neuro until the 14th Feb. She feels it might be my body telling me the 112mg might just be too much and that I went up quickly. My past tirations up were much more generous.
So two weeks in on 112mg do I hold on and try tolerate this head pressure and headaches, I’m exhausted this morning with them and taking some acute relief or do I drop back now to 100mg and see do I get relief. It is possible too that its a flare up triggered by my period and hormones which are a massive trigger for me.
Any thoughts and advice welcome, my head is so tired this week, it feels battered and my thinking is all over the shop.
Thanks so much x