Motion Trigger

I hope everyone has read “More Than A Headache” by Drs. Texeido and Carey from Johns Hopkins. Also, on my resource page I have listed a wonderful article from the mvertigo site on a review of MAV from 2014 (I cannot remember the exact title now). I have had success viewing these issues (ear fullness, vertigo, nausea, hearing loss, etc) as neurological and I have to reduce things that stimulate the nerves in the head… My triggers are heat (July thrugh September/October), motion, caffeine (even brewed decaf) and during the hot months even talking too much will excite the nerves in my head. I follow the “Heal Your Headache” diet by Dr. Buccholz but I have learned that small amounts of some of the foods do not bother me. I rotate small amounts, even plain chocolate, through my week. I really have to be careful of anything that raises the heat in my body (exercise, social stimulation, hot beverages) as these are triggers. I must “keep cool”. I have been on a course of Nortriptyline 4 times with varying lengths of no medication in between - one time I went 14 months without the medication. This summer I am taking an Allegra (not decongestant) each night and an occasional Nasonex spray (every three or four days) and that is helping get me through the heat - SO FAR! I feel that paying attention to the migraine diet, and NO coffee or brewed decaf or alcohol , is critical even if you are on medication. It is important to do the whole thing. I must prepare most of my own meals. (vertigotalesandtastes.blogspot.com)

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

1 Like