The Vestibular Migraine & Secondary Hydrops Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

Milo

I fricken LOVE Milo!!! I stopped having it when MAVhit but now I’m hoping that I can have some again coz seriously, I could live on that stuff!!!

Good luck my friend - see u soon!!

Long may your milo magic continue Scott!

" You gotta be made of Milo"

Gabrielle, victim of advertising :lol:

Greg – I have no doubt the Intramax gave you a jolt. If you were lacking in B vitamins, maybe from this illness dragging you down or a consequence of food restriction, you would feel it as I have. The thing is, maybe you can keep the same jolt from something a hell of a lot cheaper like Milo or whatever. Milo will cost me nothing at work but if I buy it, it probably amounts to 2 bucks a month!

Not sure if you can get Milo in the States or not. Maybe under a different name … will check Wikipedia later. It’s available in the UK right Mupp? As Milo?

S 8)

This is very interesting.

I drank a decent amount of Milo when I was in Singapore (my company used to have an office there and I would spend months there). They typically drank it as a hot drink, not as a cold drink. It is an alternative to Kopi (coffee) and Te (tea) both of which are so strong that they would melt steel, but very sweet due to condensed milk.

Milo is not very popular in the US. In fact, I wonder if it is even available here, but the Americans here might want to take a look.

Hi… it is available in the US on the website Simply Australian SimplyOz.com shipped out of Cincinnati OH. Doesn’t look too expensive and it’s available in sm, med, lg. It sounds a lot like old fashioned ovaltine. I am going to give it a try.
Thanks,

Karen

(NB from admin: these product links exist to point you to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

Hi Guys – like all things in life, you can buy it on Amazon. Is there anything that you can’t buy on Amazon? :smiley:

I was telling my brother about it this morning – he lives in Atlanta – and he ordered 1.5 kg of the stuff. He’s already calling it his cheap heroin. :lol:

You are right Scott…it’s on Amazon and it’s cheaper. Don’t know why I didn’t thnk of it since I rarely shop in stores anymore, I am an Amazon junkie. Thanks!

Karen

Love the look of the tin, it looks like an advert from the 1950s! I often get a real energy boost when I get my B12 jab, unfortunately, along with it, I get more migraine and vertigo for the first week. I had a B12 jab 2 weeks ago and I have done loads in this last two weeks, even had a go at Gokarting and didnt end up floored with fatigue. I once took some B vits and took 3 times the amount of one of them by accident, it was a really high dose (cant remember which one offhand) but I remember noticing the difference in the energy for a while. I wish I could take the Bs without side effects, but I have tried numerous times and had trouble with them. I definitely think we are lacking in the Bs.

Christine

So get this guys … over the weekend I had no Milo. But today at work I had one spoonful only in a tall glass of cold 1% milk. It forms this crunchy layer on the top and you have to smash it up to make it dissolve in cold milk.

So 30 minutes later and I started getting that feeling like I want to party again. :lol: I was really feeling too charged to be honest and found it hard to concentrate for about 2 hours on work (but no headache). I left work feeling revved but in a good way, got home, and instead of flopping onto the couch like a sack of potatoes like a typical day in my life, I put on some running shoes and shorts and headed down to the board walk at Bondi.

I started power walking and then RAN about 500 m then walked the rest. I NEVER run anywhere unless I happen to be chased by an axe wielding maniac. I got home and did some weights and 30 sit ups. What the …? :shock:

Tomorrow I’m having a day off the Milo. It’s blowing me away this stuff and I have to find the right dose. I’m now slightly starting to wonder if I could possibly free myself of the Paxil. A long shot and probably wishful thinking but maybe … how do kids take this and do any school work?

Scott

Christine – have you ever tried Milo? Like you the usual vitamins give me massive headaches and just make things worse. The last time I tried a straight vit B2 I just couldn’t hack it at all.

Well I am sold! I am going into town today and I believe Sainsburys and Tesco do it. Will check it out.

Christine

Scott,

Damn you’re really rolling with this stuff. Are you seriously considering dumping the paxil? If so, that’s amazing. I think remission is looking at you in the face right now. Good stuff!

Greg

That’s awesome! Is this stuff available in Canada?

It will be very funny if Amazon has a run on Milo. Scott may unintentionally create a bunch of migraine Milo junkies.

I clicked on the Amazon link and noticed that the picture there does NOT feature “that guy on the can” who is “taking a whack” at something “with that paddle” as Anne so comically put it. When I went to Australia (yes I got to go and I loved it), there was a big cricket thing going on, and it was all over the news - even though I thought I knew a lot about sports, I heard SO many terms I was clueless about.

We just finished what we call the “World Series” for baseball over here - but it’s apparently NOT for the whole world or there would have been paddles involved!

:lol:

Oh, it’s a cricket paddle? :oops:

Anne, they don’t actually call it a paddle in cricket, they call it a bat too - though it looks like one of our baseball bats that got run over by a steamroller.

It’s a bit of a sticky wicket, trying to understand these strange foreigners’ games…

:wink:

— Begin quote from “scott”

So get this guys … over the weekend I had no Milo. But today at work I had one spoonful only in a tall glass of cold 1% milk. It forms this crunchy layer on the top and you have to smash it up to make it dissolve in cold milk.

So 30 minutes later and I started getting that feeling like I want to party again. :lol: I was really feeling too charged to be honest and found it hard to concentrate for about 2 hours on work (but no headache). I left work feeling revved but in a good way, got home, and instead of flopping onto the couch like a sack of potatoes like a typical day in my life, I put on some running shoes and shorts and headed down to the board walk at Bondi.

I started power walking and then RAN about 500 m then walked the rest. I NEVER run anywhere unless I happen to be chased by an axe wielding maniac. I got home and did some weights and 30 sit ups. What the …? :shock:

Tomorrow I’m having a day off the Milo. It’s blowing me away this stuff and I have to find the right dose. I’m now slightly starting to wonder if I could possibly free myself of the Paxil. A long shot and probably wishful thinking but maybe … how do kids take this and do any school work?

Scott

— End quote

Wow, that is crazy. I wonder if the mysterious ingredient in Milo, Actigen-E, is the brand name for crystal meth.

— Begin quote from “KooKoo”

Wow, that is crazy. I wonder if the mysterious ingredient in Milo, Actigen-E, is the brand name for crystal meth.

— End quote

:lol:

So, a reality check this morning. All that exercise last night and my over-indulgence in avocado yesterday (a whole one throughout the day) has me migraining like a maniac this morning. Short-term memory gone, dark circles under my eyes, neck pain, and light dizziness. Sounds like a weather forecast!

But mood is very upbeat despite the crap above. Don’t forget that Milo has chocolate in it and it could make some feel worse. It seems in this migraine world that one person’s meat can be another person’s poison. Also, I react on micro doses of drugs etc, so you may not get anything from it. Worth a try though and keen to hear if anyone else feels more energised from it.

Greg – I’ll see how I’m going in another 2 weeks or so and think about the possibility of lowering Paxil if my mood is still stable like this. The longest I’ve ever gone without an SSRI pulsing through my veins is about 6 weeks. After that the mother of all crashes usually follows.

S 8)

Scott,

If you do decide to get off paxil, don’t forget during the weaning off stages you might even feel better than you do now. That happened to me when I weaned off Nortryptaline. I was taking Nort every other day for a week to wean off and during that time I was actually 100%. Knowing what I know now, If that ever happens to me again when I’m weaning off something, I’m going to just keep weaning and maybe never totally get off it. Don’t know if it would sustain if I were to just keep weaning, but I’ll certainly try if I’m back at 100%.

Greg

Hi Greg,

The same effect has happened to me a few times in the past when I dumped my meds. Happened twice on Cipramil and then on Paxil in early 2010. But it didn’t last. It’s like the migraine brain gets tricked for a while and then comes back madder than hell. Each time I came off it was about 5-6 weeks and then BOOM, I was in the trenches far deeper than anyone wants to be and I had to go back on else I literally couldn’t function.

S