Migraine World Summit

Hi everyone. At the moment this year’s Migraine World Summit is running. One of today’s videos is about vertigo/ dizziness etc. I think this is the first time they’ve really addressed this aspect of migraine properly. It’s really worth a watch. You need to sign up to watch, but if you’re interested, do so quickly as the videos are only available for a day or two. It’s under the free access section, no need to pay. It’s on Day 3 schedule. Thought I’d pass it on as I’ve found it useful.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reminder, i plan on watching it today.

questions answered on the talk

• Why do some people with migraine experience dizziness or balance issues while others do not?
  • Is it true that you can have migraine without having headache?
  • How is vestibular migraine diagnosed?
  • Why are individuals with vestibular migraine often misdiagnosed?
  • What are some of the symptoms that people with vestibular migraine experience?
  • Do people with vestibular migraine have different triggers than people with migraine in general?
  • What treatments are available for vestibular migraine?
  • Is physical therapy or vestibular rehab an alternative treatment available for those with vestibular migraine?
  • Is diet something that should be considered when living with vestibular migraine?
3 Likes

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am a new member today. I found the presentations on vertigo dizziness and insomnia to be very helpful.

3 Likes

Excellent video! Really captivating and interesting. Thanks for the heads up @Scottl
And welcome to the forum @Scrapmom!

2 Likes

Welcome to the mvertigo family!

2 Likes

just listened to half and fell asleep, is there a way we can get that one posted here for everybody to watch @turnitaround ? it was interesting and explained many details… maybe paying for having it free forever for everybody?

1 Like

Please feel free to share if you find a way.

i think we might need to contact the admin of the summit and ask about that specific one.

I’ve talked directly to Carl. He’s a super nice guy.

2 Likes

you need to pay to have eternal access :slight_smile: unless we can approach them saying for the benefit of the site as a whole “mvertigo”

1 Like

It seems the fall talk is down unless I’m mistaken? Did anyone listen to it and find anything out for these questions, thanks so much

• Do people with vestibular migraine have different triggers than people with migraine in general?
  • What treatments are available for vestibular migraine?
  • Is physical therapy or vestibular rehab an alternative treatment available for those with vestibular migraine?
  • Is diet something that should be considered when living with vestibular migraine?
1 Like

2020 Migraine World Summit. Reminder

The Summit starts tomorrow. It’s free to register to access the videos of talks on the day they air.
https://migraineworldsummit.com/2020-speaker-topic-schedule/

2 Likes

Thank you for posting this! I watched one of the videos last night.

1 Like

Is the video still available?