Migraine glasses / Lenses

Has anyone tried any migraine glasses? I am thinking of trying them to wear at work

Migralens is approved by the Migraine Trust & Migraine Action Association

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

Migralens (UK & US) Axonoptics FL-41 lenses (US)
More health accessories here

Also you can get contact lenses that give you a sunglass effect

Read -Hannah on 26 Apr 2009, 06:14

viewtopic.php?p=9683

I have not tried any of these but I think I might. I need something to take the edge of things when I am at work in front of the computer and under fluorescent lights. I really am considering trying some of these products.

I think that’s another reason why i was good on holiday is because I had my sunglasses on. I am less dizzy with my sunglasses on. I don’t go anywhere without them. Supermarkets are so much easier when wearing sunglasses

Well, I use the gunnar computer glasses, and I like them. Not sure if they’re the same thing as the glasses you are talking about. I have been able to look at the computer longer with them on.

Thanks! I’m definitely getting these to help with light sensitivity! I feel uncomfortable wearing my sunglasses indoors. Sometimes it seems too dark or even difficult to do things like read a label. At work meetings it just seems too odd. I’m hoping these will do the trick. Before hitting the buy button though, I’m wondering if it would be something I could get from my eye doctor…like say, a type of transition lens that would work both indoors and outdoors???

Wearing “Earasers,” ear plugs for musicians has helped a ton, since they help diminish sounds which can be such a huge trigger. I wear them to go to the movies and whenever it gets too noisy (at public events, some restaurants, etc.).

I’ll be all set:)!!!

I have been intrigued for quite some time. I am highly skeptical of things like this, but the scant research that exists seems to support specific tints (mainly a rose-colored tint called fl-41) for visually sensitive migraineurs:

webmd.com/migraines-headache … ine-relief
onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1 … ated=false
sciencedaily.com/releases/20 … 064629.htm (pop article that goes into a little detail about the trial done)

For as much as I have spent on failed drug trials, maybe I’ll take the plunge too. Worst case scenario I end up with some spiffy glasses to wear around for fun.

Hi, I use a pair from Axon Optics. I find them to be very helpful when using the computer and at the beginning I used them to watch TV. I also bring them with me if I think I am going to encounter bright lights. They were a bit pricey-but I think they were worth it. Also, for sunglasses I finally bought a “good” pair (usually bought the $10 or $20 pairs). I bought the brand Maui Jim–they are polarized on both sides of the lens so helps with glare.

Okay, so I ended up ordering a pair and received them about 5 days ago. I’ll have to wait a little longer to make a definite opinion (just the way I am with these things), but early impression is that they are a HUGE help with light sensitivity (headache, eye pain, and associated nausea). I also have a cheap pair of pinkish sunglasses from a clothing store, and the precision tint ones seem to help WAY more than the plain sunglasses. I hope they continue to help.

I have ordered some of these as well in desperation to return to work. I have so many problems with my eyes and computer screens. I tried returning to work for two days this week but I’ve had migraines both days. Incredibly frustrating.

Are you folks still having success with them ?

Thanks; I’m definitely going to buy/try these. I’m also in love with my earasers for musicians; they help sooo much with sound sensitivity. Now if only there was a stress reducing gadget that would fit in my purse:)!

Hi all,

Just a quick update for those suffering with light sensitivity etc. My migralens glasses arrived today. I only ordered them on Tuesday so was quite impressed. The quality seems pretty good.

I’ve only been wearing them since lunchtime but normally by this time (8pm) my eyes would be very sore, tired and strained. There is a definite improvement even after the short period. Ill try them using screens tomorrow to see how I get on.

Overall they do make things look a little black and white, I guess because they filter red and blue light. They also dull things a bit, not as much as sunglasses but its noticeable.

Overall a good start and if they help with symptoms and possibly even screen use then they’ll be we’ll worth the money.

If you have any questions, ask away.

Hi, Cockrel01, have you noticed any more advantages with the tinted lenses? Are they like Theraspecs? I was thinking of getting those as they have an indoor one and one for outdoors.

NB from admin: this image links to a product members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!

Hi skim,

The main advantages for me are that my eyes are much less strained at the end of the day. My brain feels less sensitive with them as opposed to without. Unfortunately my main purpose for them was to help my use computer screens which they don’t seem to have worked for, I think this is because its more the motion things which trigger it for me.

I’ve not heard of theraspecs so can’t really compare I’m afraid.

Dean

It has only been another week for me at this point, but they are still working well for me. They really seem to help when I am shopping, and plan on using them in all fluorescent lighted stores for the time being, save a few trials without to see if symptoms get worse without the glasses.

This has been so helpful.
I wear glasses already which have a transitional lense, and want to get a pair of migraine specific sunglasses that will fit over them.
I’m kind of leaning toward the MIgralens mainly because of the cost compared to Axonoptics

**UPDATE: **
I just ordered the indoor/outdoor over the glasses Theraspecs

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

Migralens Axonoptics FL-41 lenses (US) Theraspecs
More health accessories here

I hope these are as helpful as people have written. I will definitely post a follow up.

Can you use these glasses with your own glasses, or is it for people who don’t wear glasses only ?

— Begin quote from “AnnaMarie”

Can you use these glasses with your own glasses, or is it for people who don’t wear glasses only ?

— End quote

When I was looking into them, they had clip ons, etc. if you wanted to just modify your existing glasses. They can also put your prescription into their lenses when you order.

— Begin quote from “AnnaMarie”

— End quote

I wear glasses and ordered the ones that go over them. I haven’t received them yet.
They do have several other types that are for folks who don’t wear glasses.

This image links to a product members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!

Hope this helps.

I have just started using a pair from Axon Optics. Very quick delivery to Australia and I appreciate the money-back guarantee they offer.
After just a few days’ use at work where I am constantly at the computer under fluorescent lights, I notice an amazing difference. I have so much more energy and a clearer head at the end of the day.
I have missed so many days of work because of dizziness and headache… what a relief! Hopefully they continue to help.
I also wore them in a shopping centre which is usually a big trigger for me - no problems at all. :mrgreen:
The pair I ordered don’t suit my face so well, so I will choose my own frame and have the lenses put into those.
Worth a try if you’re considering it!

I have the Migralens glasses and they have helped me at work! I have fleuro lights and am on the computer most of the day. I have found it takes longer until dizziness kicks in…

I have the Axon lenses and have found them to reduce my sensitivity to computer screens and the bright lights in places like grocery stores.

I also have a pair of their outdoor lenses that I use as sunglasses when driving. They are more comfortable on my eyes than other sunglasses I’ve worn, but the effect is not as dramatic as with the indoor pair on the computer.