Migraine babble

I just told my boss last week that if I start babbling in a meeting that we were getting ready to have, to jump in and save me. First, the whites of my eyes get gray / red, then I sometimes clamor for words. I know then that I am full into a migraine. I’m so grateful that I have such a wonderful work team to help me through some of these 7 hr long meetings where I could make a complete fool out of myself.

https://migraineagain.com/migraine-babble-words-get-jumbled/

You will be fine Renee, be positive!!!:v:t2::v:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you Nicolas! Better all the time :raised_hands:t2:

2 Likes

Thank you for this post. I hope that your long meeting goes okay. It’s awful trying to manage the words while everyone waits to get the gist. I’m glad that you told someone at work so that they can support you if needed.

I’ve had this problem with speech too, so I will be more observant about how it correlates with my other symptoms.

1 Like

I often tell attendees. Yesterday I was the main speaker in a televised public meeting on a controversial topic. It was only a three hour meeting but in a dusty building with old fluorescent lights. I wore my migraine glasses. I started my speech by telling them my rose colored glasses weren’t just reflective of my sunny disposition but were migraine glasses. If I’d gone all aphasia and slurring I would have told them why. Instead, I told them the glasses now keep me from slurring later. People, even the ones who are against your position and have said nasty things on social media, are almost universally kind when you’re willing to show your vulnerability and humanity. Of course, being really prepared and wowing them didn’t hurt.

5 Likes

@nicolas12 please stay on Topic! What have your posts got to do with ‘Migraine Babble’?

If you wish to talk to Renee on more general matters, please PM her.

Sorry James, im confused in this forum, i don’t even know when i post on topic or not!!!

Ah. That would explain it. If you wish to send a private message hit the users avatar (their colourful icon) which will bring up their user card and you will see an envelope in a button. Hit that and it will compose a private message.

Everything else is public. Most of that to the world. So be aware of that and the context of the current Topic.

I’ll try James, im doing it on the phone and is a it confusing, thank you

1 Like

Yes the mobile layout is a little more compact and simple and harder to know where you are. Scrolling down will show you the topic you are currently on though.