Meditation

This guy is amazing - he has meditation practice mp3’s specifically for health and wellness. I think it’s a great way to ensure your mind follows as your body recovers. our minds are often the main hindrance in our recovery. Don’t let the illness become your identity. It is not who you are. Think of all the years ahead of you where you will be well and realise that the amount of time you are ill is so small in comparison.

Positive thoughts!

withandrewjohnson.com/

Meditation is the only thing I am sure is good for me; it takes dedication but it is a very good way to deal with anxiety and stress !
Breathing , sitting still, ‘being in your body’ , all very important, especially for sensitive people/ sensitive brains.

I like it, too, but haven’t yet developed the discipline to do it every day. It’s funny how I can bathe or take a shower where I obviously can’t use the phone or computer, but to sit and meditate for 10-20 minutes is so hard.
I asked one of the researchers mentioned here about meditation and the dr was very :roll: But I was warned about participating in a study that if I couldn’t go completely thought-free and be utterly relaxed and worryless for the weeks involved, I would squander the small chance of the therapy working. And I thought, Well, if I could do that, I probably wouldn’t need any help whatsoever!
I do think that supports for simple things like diet, exercise and relaxation are ignored at our peril. I also thought it was ironic how much fuss was made in this study over the placebo-effect, and how silly we all are for not exploring that further.