Medical ID

Anybody here wear a medical id? I have a couple of types. I feel sort of melodramatic wearing it but brainstem aura can make me look drunk, stroked out or otherwise incapacitated, incoherent and noticeably wobbly. Medicated it’s not been a real big problem for several months, but I still get a bit nervous when I’m driving long distance, which is frequently.

So, maybe this is just a poll, but am I on my own on this? Got yourself an id?

Mine…

https://www.americanmedical-id.com/lynx-shine-medical-id-bracelet.html

https://www.americanmedical-id.com/eternity-medical-id-bracelet.html

2 Likes

I have a business card in my wallet. ( I know not exactly what you are asking. In case i pass out there is also my drivers license so the ambulance can know where to send the Cheque :P)

I used to be part of a run group so there is a shoe tag on my running shoe with my name and number of my wife.

Short answer no medical ID…yet

2 Likes

You’re so awesome! :sweat_smile:

Yes I have a medical ID necklace because I have multiple diseases, allergies and medications!

1 Like

Jolly good thinking there. Nothing like bit of pre-planning. I’ve been thinking for some time because I take rather alot Propranolol I ought to carry something. Just in case I ended up unconscious in hospital and maybe got injected with something that didn’t mix, or in case they took my slow pulse as an indication of something more sinister. Helen

3 Likes

I don’t have a medical ID bracelet but my phone has a health emergency section that can be accessed even if the phone is locked. I stated I have MAV in there in case I was alone and had vertigo.

I have the same - plus emergency contact and meds. My bracelet says see the phone.

1 Like

That’s probably a good idea!!!

1 Like

It’s a free app for the phone. It sits on the main screen.

What is that app called?

It’s actually called Medical ID.

2 Likes

Does what it says on the tin then, eh. That’s what I like straight talking that avoids confusion. Helen