MAV and THEN classic migraine develops?

They are. What do you think gave birth to CGRP/Aimovig. Amgen has been doing pretty well with the sales of the drug in the US. Whether it works for MAV/VM waits to be seen from the early adopters.

1 Like

Iā€™ve a feeling thereā€™s alot of drugs companies profiting from the migraine headache remedies and in no wish for a cure! Though Iā€™m with you all the way but I think until somebody finds some root causes specific migraine treatments will prove difficult to find. After all itā€™s only a collection of symptoms when it comes down to it. Surely that could make it difficult.

Aimovigā€™s certainly a start, Pity, after all the effort and expense, it doesnā€™t get better reviews. Dr Hain didnā€™t seem to think much of it. So expensive too it appears. And, not trialled on MAVers either. Still itā€™s a start. Thereā€™s a thread or two on here relating to it I recall. @Jessyka_Nettletonā€™s probably the most recent. Helen

Iā€™ve read several different places that once the constant dizziness stops itā€™s often replaced with headaches. I remember thinking, as a person who didnā€™t experience true migraine, ie no headache, that that wasnā€™t really something to which I would look forward. Couldnā€™t really look upon it as a recovery. At a push maybe an improvement of sorts maybe. Now reading this has me wondering.

I had my first ever Classic Migraine the night after my first physio session (virtually 16 years after my first vestibular attack!) but there was no accompanying vertigo/dizziness although I did feel imbalanced next couple of days. Since then Iā€™ve had one full-on Vestibular Attack that lasted 11 days after another physio session where she stimulated the Trigmenial nerve, a Magneto Head Attack post a largish Christmas family gathering and another less than 36 hour attack since probably caused by excessive salt consumption. Yet overall my balance has improved dramatically over the last month or so as have a lot of other little things too mundane and numerous to mention.

I am almost as steady on my feet as I was pre-MAV so, not wanting to tempt fate, itā€™s possible my dizziness has waned, but I seem to regularly get a rush of rear head pressure and/or ear pressure which can come on almost instantly and fade almost as quickly, some days as many as ten times a day. They can last anything from a few minutes to an hour. A reaction to some sudden stimulus I have been thinking or are they some mini-migraineous headache which are partially controlled by the Propranolol. Looking at it in the light of your above post I recall others mentioning having lots of migraines in a day so now I really am wondering what is going on. I thought perhaps I was going backwards having kicked constant daily head pressure Nearly two years back. Maybe itā€™s an improvement ā€¦ oh I wishā€¦ Helen

1 Like

You should check into POTS. POTS and migraine are good friends. I used to get the same way when I took a hot shower, got too stressed, didnā€™t eat enough. Used to pass out a lot. Now I believe I have vestibular migraines. Still get low BP and get on the verge of passing out, but I know how to better manage it.

1 Like

Another doctor at ā€˜myā€™ practice prescribed me what she described as a ā€˜tinyā€™ dose of oestrogen local for other (menopausal influenced) condition. As it transpired I happened to speak with my own doctor prior to starting it and her first words were ā€˜well thatā€™s guaranteed to increase the hot flushes/night sweatsā€™ so for Anyone like me who sees strong links between the state of their hormones and migraine/MAV Iā€™d say your classic migraine was just another example of the same.

1 Like