MAV and pregnancy

I’m 38 and have been struggling with MAV for 3 1/2 years. My meds do help but dont keep it completely at bay and it’s still uncertain what my triggers are, although stress does play a big factor. Im currently taking daily 300mg Gabapentin and nightly 12mg Nortriptyline nightly.
I got married last year and my husband and I really want a baby. I’ve read so many mixed reviews on pregnancy, MAV and medication and really don’t know what way to turn, any advise would be welcome please :blush:
Thanks Helen

There are quite a few existing Topics on this in the Women’s Biz Category, take a look.

Thank you

1 Like

i got mav postpartum, i am taking venlafaxine (effexor), 150mg, and it works, still rocking a little but much better. Anyway, I have started thinking about having a second child (crazy, I know, after all I went through), and both neuro and psychiatrists think i can be on it while pregnant. Not sure what obgyn would say. I suggest you talk to obgyn and neuro and decide on a plan for you. One option for me is to go off med, go through pregnancy and go on the med right after birth. Happy to chat more over pm.

2 Likes