Marijuana for vertigo

Emily, try using 400mg magnesium glycinate to sleep better on effexor. Or else use small quantities melatonin on days you really need.

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

Good morning, Vigs. Does that form of Mg cause GI problems? Frankly, unless I start sleeping in the bathroom, I’ve got more than enough issues on that front already. Where MAV goes, IBS follows.

1 Like

Emily, I take 400mg per day of magnesium (200 mg twice a day). I was originally taking it for osteoporosis and increased to the 400mg when I found out that it might help prevent migraines.

I first tried magnesium oxide (it’s the cheapest and easiest to find) but it caused loose stools for me. Got on the osteoporosis forum and read about some of the other types. A lot of people said that their GI systems tolerated the magnesium glycinate much better. So I tried that and they were right. It doesn’t seem to cause any of the GI issues for me.

This is the brand that I buy:

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

Emily, KAL is the make i use. Mag Glycinate can cause GI issues and does for me. I titrate back and forth and find my optimal dosage. One single dose of 300 to 400mg 1 hour before sleep helps.

I used to buy Pure encapsulations and it was fab but it is pricy and KAL is cheaper and experimenting with KAL for now.

Thanks Anna and Vigs.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that. I’m thinking of trying a drop or two this week. Would love it if it calmed the pain in my head/neck a little too.

I have a CBD infused lotion for that.

I have flicker vertigo and will have seizure like symptoms when white light is reflected back into my eyes at a certain angle, with a blue background… Like a blue water bucket under a medical exam white fluorescent light, reflecting that white light, is how I discovered my condition… THC will change the size of the pupil, therefore changing the outcome… I Use THC in oil form, high doses to stop migraines, anxiety, and help with hunger, with my bipolar depression… Also take Lithium Orotate, for 7 years now, without a manic episode… Even having extreme family changes has not brought on anything but a long hike at most, as I was thinking I should…

There’s no way i would touch illegal drugs because 1) my dad used to care for people who had mental problems (schizophrenia, behavioural problems etc) because of drug use and there’s no way i would risk that and 2) the people who sell it put all sorts of toxic ingredients in there, chemicals,sawdust etc as well as much higher strength drug than what they tell you it is, you can’t trust what you’re putting in your body. Legal meds have side effects but at least they are known and have passed safety tests. Medical marijuana or cannabis may help but as there’s no studies to prove it and the safety of it long term is still fairly unknown i wouldn’t touch it. In the uk you wouldn’t be able to get it prescribed for migraine anyway. You could always try cbd oil as i’ve heard people say it at least helps with relaxation.

you dont even need a prescription here in cali… its going to be available at gas stations soon.

Good grief

1 Like

What could possibly go wrong? … :grimacing: :brick: :boom: :red_car:

2 Likes

Full Spectrum CBD oil helped me so much with anxiety. It does not help with dizziness for me though.

1 Like

For me personally THC makes me way more dizzy :woozy_face: but I also couldn’t handle THC before VM it always gave me anxiety so I’m sure everyone is different!

1 Like

After trying a couple of doctor-prescribed meds that made me feel really depressed and sad (I’ve always been a positive upbeat person, so those threw me for a loop), I decided to try alternative, natural, organic treatments/remedies. Four weeks ago, I started taking Organic THC-Free CBD MCT Oil (tincture), which is independently 3rd party tested, USDA Organic, FDA registered-facility, GMP certified. I definitely feel more relaxed, my tinnitus has improved dramatically from extremely loud to now very faint, and my hearing has gotten so much better than it was prior to me taking the tincture. I also seem more focused. All natural, clean, no side effects! I’ve also been rubbing organic lavender essential oil with a carrier oil in and on/around my ears. I’m not sure I feel better because of these “treatments” or if it is purely coincidental and unrelated. Time should tell, I guess!

1 Like

Tried to smoke a couple months back I literally had an echo effect like dizziness motion through my entire body and anxiety through the roof. Needless to say never again😅