Lots ABOUT the diet- no ACTUAL DIET PLAN, even googling!

Am I stupid? I looked and looked and looked for the ACTUAL DIET info… all over this site and googled about a billion combonations of key words. To be fair I didnt think about looking in the archives on here until I chose the category for this topic.

I keep coming up with things on google about how awesome the diet helps, and on here people talk about THEIR triggers, but the ONLY thing I could find was a pdf on google that was a scan of what looked like an ancient xerox hand-out. The formatting almost looked pre-modern excel.

I dont have capability of reading a book right now. I developed Adult ADD when I was 18, comprehension due to distraction including my own thoughts is hard. I thought my ADD was getting worse over the last year or so, turns out it was building up to this crap :frowning: …Ill tell my extremely complicated story on an intro post. Ive been following this forum for a little over a month, not much time to do anything tho!

My spells are out of control. Ive had 24/7 virtigo since fathers day when I just “woke up” with it, and I kept fainting… over and over. I havent fainted in months. Vertigo is always there. But for the last 5+ days, and several times a week for the last 3 weeks, Ive had extremely bad migraine spells… well, I mean in a MAV form. It doesnt seem anyone else has 24/7 vertigo. Im a trooper, life goes on, I deal and adapt. But this is RIDICULOUS! And my stress was so severe I had 2 fainting spells last Friday. Colapsed on a sidewalk in downtown Santa Barbara (would have been nice if anyone cared! …I freakin hate California :frowning: )

I was avoiding the diet because Ive done other “diets” but not for this. Just thought Id read what they listed as red-lights. To my surprize they are stuff I have no issues cutting out or down on, and many of them I have in the past, currently avoid or dont eat much of, or planned on cutting down/out. I go between planning to eat well, and will for a little bit, and then “life hits”… very long story for another time :wink:

*** SO AFTER THIS LONG ASS EXPLANATION ****
(I tend to ramble… gotten worse since MAV sudden onset)

MY QUESTION IS: Where can I find, or if someone can gimme a link to an online LIST of known and possible triggers. I already know the allergy removal and re-introduction stuff. I have done it for many many years because it just “made sense” to me. These days I’m allergic to more and more and MORE. Ill at some point get food allergy testing, but I need a comprehensive list or at least a link to the diet info.

ps… some things are confusing because Ive read things like no nightshades, sometimes just no tomatoes, some say tomatoes are green-light… its in the bits and pieces of stuff Ive found online and on here… but no actual diet or list except that old-ass xerox handout.

ANY HELP WOULD BE FANTASTIC!!!
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH TO THE OWNERS/MODERATORS & COMMUNITY!
:+1:

1 Like

What’s tricky about a migraine diet is that it’s unique to each person, so what works for me may not work for you. Here’s an abbreviated version of what my vestibular therapist gave to me. It’s difficult to process at the beginning but after a bit you begin to discover a routine & recipes that work for you. My neurologist recommended an elimination diet (ie: begin with chicken & rice, gradually introducing new foods) so that I could recognize my trigger foods.

What’s good about the migraine diet is that it encourages incredibly fresh foods. After the list of foods to avoid, I included some easy snacks (because you’ll be incredibly hungry) and it’s important to maintain a healthy diet.

Foods to avoid:

• MSG
  • Aspartame & diet drinks
  • Caffeine
  • Chocolate
  • Aged, canned, cured meats (think ham, prosciutto, dried fish, any food prepared with meat tenderizer, bacon, pepperoni, hot dogs, bologna)
  • Buttermilk, sour cream, chocolate milk
  • cheese (stilton, bleu, cheddar, mazzarella, etc. etc). (ricotta is OK)
  • Hot, fresh, yeast breads; donuts, sourdough breads. (English muffins are OK)
  • Beans (lima, Italian, fava, navy, pinto, etc)
  • snowpeas, sauerkraut, onions
  • red peppers / jalapeños
  • olives
  • pickles
  • avocados
  • bananas
  • figs, raisins, papayas, passion fruit, pineapple, red plums, red apples (green apples are OK)
  • citrus fruits
  • ALL dried fruit
  • Eggs
  • Yogurt (limit to small quantities)
  • canned soup & store-bought broth
  • desserts made with chocolate; mincemeat pie
  • pizza
  • cheese sauce
  • macaroni & cheese
  • frozen tv dinners
  • ALL nuts (including peanut butter)
  • all nonwhite vinegars
  • anything fermented, pickled or marinated

they say store-bought salad dressing is OK but I just eat arugula with berries now.

• limit salt
  • limit sugar
  • drink lots and lots of water

I also replace flour with rice flour (my diet is pretty restricted)

Easy snacks I like:

• Toasted English muffin with ricotta cheese and honey / or, if you’re craving pizza, English muffin with ricotta, basil, flaxseed oil and a bit of cracked pepper.
  • jasmine rice with 1% milk and corn
  • Fresh arugula with sliced strawberries and blueberries
  • Sliced strawberries & blueberries with cinnamon
  • rice pudding
  • homemade granola bars (sweetened with honey rather than sugar)

If you haven’t already, talk to your neurologist about your vitamin routine (magnesium, vitamin-d, fish oil, butterbur) as all can help with migraines & brain health.

hope that helps!