Lighting

I have been taking Pizotifen since June and made steady progress after about a month of being on the full 2mg dose. I felt really good and almost normal in August, but going back to work set me back a bit. Dr S has said I can up the dose to 2.5 mg but as my head and eyes donā€™t feel weird now I am unsure whether to increase the dose or not. My main things now are the ear pressure and tinnitus with head pressure thrown in to the mix every so often. My instinct is to hold fire on increasing the dose and just get my ears checked. Xx

Yeah probably worth sticking at your current dose if itā€™s working well for you. I too get momentary deafness then the tinnitus from time to time! Unfortunately pizotifen didnā€™t do anything for me. However I only gave it 10 weeks

I had definitely improved on Pizotifen by 10 weeks but I have been very lucky as I got to Dr S very quickly and got the correct diagnosis which I am sure has helped my recovery. I am coming to terms with the fact that having tinnitus and ear issues might be mt new normal. I can live with that as long as my head and eyes donā€™t do funny things again and I can continue to drive. :slightly_smiling_face: Xx

1 Like