Life, Topamax and MAV

That’s great Lisa, I’m so glad your crash was short-lived! xx

Hi Lisa!

Sorry you had a crash, but sooo happy you recovered rather quickly. I’ve decided to start coming off of the Topamax. I’ve given it the ole college try 5 days going from 125mg to 200mg and 20 days later the side effects are just not letting up. I know it was aggressive but ever since the beginning of Oct when I started Topamax it’s been a struggle. Really no success story like yours so I gotta say although I’ve given it my all, Topamax is not the answer for me. Good news is I’ve lost a good bit of weight even through the Holidays :slight_smile:

Anyway, again, sooooo happy that it’s working for you and hope now that the holidays are winding down things will get even better!!

Hang in there girl…you’re doing it!!
Judy

— Begin quote from “BeautifullyBroken”

Hello all,
Just wanted to recap everyone! I am doing very well again. I recovered very quickly from the crash. Topamax is still my lifesaver. Some days believe it or not…I forget I have MAV. I am at about 85% sometimes almost 90%! Its amazing. I hope to continue this way. I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

Lisa <3

— End quote

Hi Lisa,

Glad your crash was short-lived. I’m just interested to know, do you attribute your wellness to anything other than/or in addition to the Topamax ,for instance stress reduction?

Lisa
Only just read that you’ve had a"crash " . So glad that you’re feeling better again. You recovered quickly on the Topamax which is a great sign . Hope you continue to feel well!!
Anne x

Judy,

I am so sad to hear that you are off the topa, but I hope you find that med that works for you! I know you gave topa your all! What route are you going to try next? Thank you so much for the kind words! I hope you are doing well-- I know its going to be tough going off the meds…I’m praying for you :roll:

<3 ,
Lisa

Missmoss,

Actually, I dont really know what else I did. I was def under a lot of stress prior to the crash. I really did try to take it easy the days following the crash. But, I really didnt do anything too different…I gradually felt better as the days went on…and as my period got over. (I really think its hormones!!!)

Hope you are well!!!

Lisa

Jem & Anne,

Thank you so much for your kind words… hope you are doing well!

x
Lisa
:wink:

Lisa

has topamax fixed up your vision ?

Nabeel,
I still have my daily floaters… so I guess it really hasnt done much for that … however my vision is alot better when I use the computer … I am still very light sensitive though … Ill keep you posted as I improve …

Lisa

Lisa do let me know if u see any sign of improvement with your visuals. Im on day 7 of topamax now hoping that it will get rid of my visual crap

hey lisa, i know this is a an old post, i do hope u see it and u have time to reply though would really appreciate ur input

so ive head MAV i guess for 2 years + now. started topamax 1/2018. titration upwards has been really difficult. ive only recently like 4 days back reached the 75 mg but the diIzzjness and head oressure and general strange feeling has been very unpleasant. i know its expected wkth dose increases but ive noticed 2 weeks back when i was on 62.5mg i was doing well for 2 weeks but then all the symptoms came back so i decided to go up to 75mg and see if it helps. have u found that it helps to stay longer on the dose or is it better to try to get to the “magical” 100mg to see if topamax actually works?