Lexapro

Hi I have been taking sertraline for Two years and I though a lot improvement maybe 70% there is still a 30 % that I want to get back to normal, I got my medication changed, now I started taking laxapro, can anyone tell me any experience with this medication for imbalance ? Thanks

You are trying generic SSRIs which might not be the best meds for Vestibular migraine. Pick from the below list (copied from migraine survival guide)

Some of the more common classes of medications and treatments are as follows:
• Beta blockers – propranolol, atenolol, metoprolol
• Calcium channel blockers – Verapamil, Flunarizine
• Tricyclic antidepressants – amitriptyline, nortriptyline (Rauch’s favourite), Prothiaden (Halmagyi and Silver’s favourite)
• SSRI/ SNRIs – citalopram (Baloh’s favourite), Effexor (Hain’s favourite), paroxetine, Zoloft, Cymbalta
• Benzodiazepines – most find these very effective, particularly low doses of valium which has both anti-anxiety and anticonvulsant properties. Dr Timothy Hain recommends low-dose clonazepam which avoids dependence.
• Anticonvulsants – Topamax, Neurontin, Lyrica, Depakote
• Natural remedies – magnesium, vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Coenzyme Q10 (These three natural remedies for migraine headache all have shown promising results as effective natural headache remedies in controlled trials)

Thanks for your reply :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@jesus_giron I’m wondering if you stayed with the Lexapro or switched to Amitriptyline? My doctor really thinks Lexapro is the next best option for me and I’m about to start it but need to sort out some stomach issues first. I’m just wondering if it will help me or if it’s worth going through the agony of starting it.