Is sugar a trigger for any of you?

I started following the Heal Your Headache diet about 3 weeks ago. It doesn’t mention anything about sugar being a trigger but I think it is for me. I don’t suffer much from headaches at all. I have vertigo 24/7. Sugar seems to make it worse but the book says nothing about that at all. Does it do this to anyone else?
Thanks

I believe that refined sugar is a trigger for me as well, and I know other people who agree. I know Dr. Buckholtz does not list it in his book, but I noticed a big difference when I switched to unrefined sugar.

— Begin quote from “mama2evanabby”

I started following the Heal Your Headache diet about 3 weeks ago. It doesn’t mention anything about sugar being a trigger but I think it is for me. I don’t suffer much from headaches at all. I have vertigo 24/7. Sugar seems to make it worse but the book says nothing about that at all. Does it do this to anyone else?
Thanks

— End quote

Are you sure it’s not something you ate with the sugar?

While sugar doesn’t seem to be a common one, it very well could be for you. You just need to what’s right for you :slight_smile:

Hi,

I have noticed that if I eat too much sugar, I will get a vestibular migraine. It isn’t necessarily the “sugar” causing the migraine, it is what sugar does to the body that causes it. It causes a spike and then a crash in blood sugar, so blood sugar goes too low (similar to what happens when we skip meals, that is why not skipping meals is so important). It’s important to maintain blood glucose levels.

migrainetrust.org/factsheet- … aine-10907