Is Clindamycin Ototoxic ?

Hi All,

I have a tear duct infection in my eye and been prescribed Clindamycin. A brief research led me to believe it to be safe and not-Ototoxic.
https://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/bilat/ototoxins.html#safe

Has anyone had any experience taking Clindamycin. I am in for a bumpy ride anyways since VM disagrees with any antiobiotics for me. I have a silent fear what if this turns out to be Ototoxic.

Dr. Hain says no. This dude thinks yes.

http://hearinglosshelp.com/blog/is-clindamycin-ototoxic-or-not/

1 Like

oops. That for researching Emily. I am getting heart burn from the antibiotic, let me ask to see if they will switch it for me. Even with a single tablet i had the derealisation type MAV which i have not experienced in a while. Its going to a fun ride and a looooooong weekend !

I can tell. Sorry love. Get that switched out if you can.

I’m having a major reaction to the cottonwood bloom. I’m in the middle of writing a long land use decision that’s due by midnight, so I’m waiting to take the benadryl until I don’t need my mind to function and my hands to type. So itchy!!

:heart: Take care of yourself my friend.

Same here i am working on a paper with brain fog. I am torn between being scrappy and sending a first draft and waiting for baseline where i can have a thorough look. To add insult to injury i forgot taking my effexor today and i just remembered :slight_smile:

Hope you can last without benadryl until your work is done and then sleep like a log and recharge to push the rock again uphill tomorrow.

I won’t understand your paper, but I can proof it for you if you like. :slight_smile:

Also, again with the probiotics. Take probiotics.

I also forgot my Effexor - 19 days ago. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey close to 3 weeks. Thats a milestone.

Thanks for volunteering to proof read, at this point even i cannot understand what i had in mind when i wrote the first paragraph.

Yeah, I feel pretty good, too. Not that the scale has noticed, but I’m not hungry all the time and I’m not having much trouble sticking to an intermittent fasting, low carb diet.

I’m thinking you’ll need to shelve that paper for tonight.

1 Like

HA! Done with 44 minutes to spare! Come to me sweet benadryl. :drooling_face:

1 Like